Author Topic: Help adapting a trigger to include a stream price behaviour...  (Read 2263 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hello!

Having now picked up TimeMachine and tested a variant of the trigger we created here ( http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/back-triggers-for-a-beginner/msg23799/#msg23799 ) on a months data (GB Horses, December), I’ve learned that this trigger (an adapt of a lay system to back) isn’t going to be profitable.

Observing the market in-play, I can see that I’m getting matched as the price drifts out… and therefore betting at times on runners near the end a race who are losing / going to lose.

So, I’d like to adapt the trigger I have (attached) to select an eligible runner in the same way, then instead of placing the bet at r_ticks[lay_price, 4] – to wait until the price has streamed in from the original price by a set number of ticks, say 10 (or perhaps percent change?), and then place a bet at r_ticks[lay_price,1] – to do this I think I need to record the price, and then set a trigger price.

Can this be done with constants or should I try manage these in conditions and with a 2nd trigger?

Many thanks for your help & guidance - James

• Élite
hi
i need an example of the bets that you would place and the price rise and fall amounts.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Thanks mcbee. Of course, I hope this helps below...

The trigger I had attached runs against GBR & IRL Horse WinMarkets & triggers a back bet at r_ticks(lay_price,0) when these conditions are met = <40 secs to scheduled start time & >= 5 runners & 4th fav price is [> price 1  & < price 2]

(I was originally using r_ticks(lay_price,4)

The bet size varies according to bands and uses a set of nested IF statements to select stake % at bet trigger.

The change I'm looking to make is... instead of placing the bet, when these conditions are met, record the original price, if the in-play price drops by x ticks (say 10) from this, place a bet at the % stake for the original price.

I've been just browsing the recent posts on momentum scalping - and wondering if the condition I need is "Backs Ticks Diff" one - although I'm not sure if this is a "drop" difference or a difference in price on any direction.

Thank you again for all your help with this - James

• Élite
hi
here is the trigger
i have added a trigger and a new constant to set the amount of ticks.
so with your conditions a selections back price will be recorded.
then in-play, if the price drops by your set amount, a back bet will be placed at the lay price.

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE