Author Topic: help getting started with triggers  (Read 2544 times)

Tags:
  • All members
help getting started with triggers
« on: 30 Sep 2013, 03:36 »
Market feeder seems to be the only bot that can be set up to stake conditionally  "If this, then that"

The problem with out current 'dumbot' is that it backs all runners in range and then often misses a winner because it didn't get a match on a short fav, which it should have tried to match first.
Before I plonk down some money on a subscription I want to get over a mental block on how triggers operate.

I was employed as a programmer years ago - I understand 'linear' programming. I understand that a trigger block contains conditions which have to be met.

But where is the 'flow' in a trigger? How do you have the trigger jump to another block on conditions being met, but totally exit the event if they are not?

Unfortunately the trial period just wasn't enough to climb the trigger learning curve.

And yes... I am RT eFfing the manual and i have watched a couple of videos! 

Re: help getting started with triggers
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2013, 05:45 »
Hi
I'm not sure if you are referring to X-Feeder or MarketFeeder (you have posted in X-Feeder), but here is an example for MarketFeeder.

A trigger file will be parsed/read/processed completely each refresh of the market, and will carry out Trigger Actions according to whether the Conditions are met.

For example:
In English here is what I want to do:
Back Under 2.5 Goals 5 minutes after the start of the game
Green-up to a minimum of 1% as soon as market prices are suitable for greening-up
If a goal is scored before greening was possible, wait 2 minutes after the goal and then distribute the loss
I want to do the above once per game

In the screenshot you can see how the above “English Flow” is converted to a working trigger file.
I think all conditions are self-explanatory.
The only one I will mention is in the distribute loss trigger:
and selections trigger expression market_score1+market_score2 is greater than 0
This detects a goal has been scored
But where is the 'flow' in a trigger? How do you have the trigger jump to another block on conditions being met, but totally exit the event if they are not?
In the example I give, the flow is the trigger file being read every time the market is refreshed. As soon as the conditions are met for a given trigger, that trigger is executed.
e.g. the greening-up trigger will only fire when at least 1% profit is attained on the selection backed.

the distribute loss trigger will only fire when the selection backed is in a loss and a goal has been scored and it is 2 minutes since the goal. If these conditions are not met, this trigger will not fire (in this case the greening trigger fired, all selections are green, and no selection qualifies for a distribute loss through to end of game)

To summarise, the “flow” is derived from the market data being compared to the conditions you set. If all conditions in a trigger are met, the trigger carries out the action.

Please also have a read of this topic.
http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/10-qualities-of-triggers-that-work/

Hope this helps a bit.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE