Author Topic: Help needed with trading trigger- follow the money  (Read 3296 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

I want to back a horse if the there is more money waiting to get filled than on the lay side and visa versus. How do I write a formula for this?

For example Horse A:

Back current price 3.30 has 3000 waiting to get matched
Lay current price 3.45 has 1500 waiting to get matched

So I back at 3.30.

Re: Help needed with trading trigger- follow the money
« Reply #1 on: 06 Feb 2019, 21:36 »
Hi
the amounts waiting at the best prices are back_amount and lay_amount (back_amount2 and back_amount3 for the next best prices)

and you can also use selections back amount ….

so the condition will be:
and selections back amount is greater than lay_amount

or you could use something like:
and selections trigger expression back_amount is greater than lay_amount*2
which makes sure there is more than twice the best lay amount at the best back price
etc.  
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2019, 11:01 »
Thank you Mark,

How do I send a automated lay bet to make 1 tick profit once my back bet it matched? I don’t want to green up yet. I want the lay bet to be sent straight after my back bet is matched. I want it to stay in the market until matched or hit my stoploss.

Many thanks

« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2019, 17:11 »
Hi

LAY
Price: r_ticks(bm_backp, -1)
Amount: bm_backa
Persistence: keep (if you want the lay bet to be kept inplay, or take SP as your stoploss)  
Conditions:
trigger <name of your backing trigger> number of runs in the market is greater than 0
and selections back matched is greater than 0
and selections back unmatched is equal to 0

But there is a small flaw with your original post. If there is more money waiting at the best back price and less money at the best lay price, then there are more layers than backers (lay money appears on the back side), and the price is likely to drift.
If there is lots more money on the lay side (backers) than on the back side (layers), there is a good chance the price will come in.  

so the condition for your backing trigger should be something like:
and selections lay amount is greater than back_amount*2

please try these out in test mode or time machine
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2019, 18:31 »
Great thanks Mark,

The above makes sense, working on a scalping trigger hoping to make a profitable one :).

Have a great weekend.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 09 Feb 2019, 06:07 »
Hi Mark,

Could you check my attached trigger, and see why the Lay trigger is not working please? My back and greening up triggers are working. Just need it to fire off the lay bet so it repeats the process again if available.

Thank you again.

« Reply #6 on: 09 Feb 2019, 08:24 »
Hi
yes, in the lay trigger:
and selections back unmatched is greater than 0
should be:
and selections back unmatched is equal to 0

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2019, 11:02 »
Great Mark ,

Thank you , the trigger is greening a lot of Aus racing for low amounts but positive.

If I wanted to file an unmatched lay bet on a horse 2 ticks away from a crossover point how would I code that ? 

For example horse a is currently at lay price 3.95 so I want to fill a unmatched lay bet at 4. The resoning behind this is my risk vs reward is low short term. 

The crossover points are 2,3,4,6 and 10.

My aim is to lay horses near this price and with a 3 tick stoploss and 2 tick profit target as the payout will be high if it breaks through the crossover. This could be profitable, that’s the theory any way.

« Reply #8 on: 11 Feb 2019, 16:59 »
Hi
use r_ticks(price, ticks)
example:
r_ticks(2.00, 2) is 2.04
r_ticks(2.00, -2) is 1.98

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2019, 15:48 »
Thanks Mark,

I have put in a trigger request. However, I get your flooded with requests, so I will try and write it myself.

What I am struggling with is that I want to file an unmatched lay bet at 2 odds if either 2 ticks away from that price either direction. I also want to do the same for any horse 4 odds etc..

Do I need to create separate lay bet blocks for each price?

« Reply #10 on: 18 Feb 2019, 17:03 »
Hi
Yes, separate trigger for each crossover price with appropriate condition,
e.g.

for crossover 2.00
back, price: r_ticks(2.00, 2)
condition: selections back price is equal to 2.00

for crossover 3.00
back, price: r_ticks(3.00, 2)
condition: selections back price is equal to 3.00

etc.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2019, 09:29 »
Thanks Mark,

Could you check my logic attached.

I am assuming the trigger will lay at price 2 , if the following:

- current lay price is 2
Or lay an unmatched bet at 2 if lay_price is equal or less than r_ticks(2,3) or lay an unmatched bet at 2 if lay_price is equal or greater  then r_tick(2,-3)

Thanks 

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 19 Feb 2019, 09:30 »
trigger

« Reply #13 on: 19 Feb 2019, 15:16 »
Hi
I wasn't sure exactly what you want the trigger to do, I've gone by your description in reply#7

lay at 2.00 if selections current lay price is 2.00
back for 2 ticks profit higher than 2.00
stop loss back bet at 3 ticks lower than 2.00 and cancel previous unmatched back

please test in test mode

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 19 Feb 2019, 21:07 »
Thanks Mark,

Sorry, let me be clear.

I want to place an unmatched lay bet on a horse that is near a cross point of 2 odds. 

So for example if horse A is 4 ticks away or less from 2 , so current price is say 1.96. Then I want to file an unmatched lay bet at 2.

How do I write this in a trigger? 

I am ok  with  writing the green-up logic etc..

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE