Author Topic: Help, Please.  (Read 3735 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Help, Please.
« on: 11 Jul 2012, 16:40 »
I should be grateful if somebody could help with a trigger. My strategy involves backing a horse in running and greening up if the price of the horse drops. At present I may back up to two horses in a race. If both drop in price, things are good.  The horses are both backed at different times in the race. My problem arises when the first horse backed does not drop in price. When this happens, I would prefer if the second selection was to be a straight win without greening. The logic of this is - if my first horse does not drop in price, I lose the stake on it and, so, I would prefer to have a straight win on the second rather than a hedged profit in an attempt to have an overall profit in that race.

How do I get MFP to realise that my first bet has not been profitable and to change tactics, please ?

My selections are determined as a horse's price drops to a particular level and so I have no idea which horses will actually be backed during the race.

I hope I've explained my problem properly. In case I haven't, I'll try explaining my problem this way :

Race starts.

Some horses' prices drop as they appear to be doing well,

My MFP backs A in the hope that his price falls still further, so that I may green up.

Hopefully a lay bet is matched soon,  if it is - great !

Now B appears to be doing well so my MFP backs him too.

If by the time this second bet is placed, A has not been the subject of a profitable lay bet, I want my bet on B to be a straight win bet. If I have been lucky and I am in profit on A, I would like to hedge B in running too.

So, depending on the outcome of my bets on A, I want two alternative actions for B.

How do I do this, please ?

• Élite
Re: Help, Please.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2012, 18:22 »
hi
the simple way to do this, is to have a condition in your second bet greenup.
and markets lay matched is greater than 0
so if no lay bet for the first selection is matched then there will be no greenup for the second bet.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2012, 18:26 »
Hi
Maybe something like this:

REMEMBER AB
selection's back_matched is greater than 0
market_mbnum is greater than 1

HEDGE B
IF
g_ticks(AB_1_bm_backp, AB_lay_price) is less than <your profit target ticks on A for hedging B>
ELSE
do nothing

or

HEDGE B
IF
your greenup for A number of runs is greater than 0
and greenup for A has nothing unmatched
ELSE
do nothing
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2012, 18:48 »
Using my present triggers, bets are placed on any horse that satisfies certain conditions.  The triggers are not presently split into separate sets for each horse selected so I am unsure as to how I can use McBee's suggestion without radically altering the triggers I use now.

I am unfamiliar with some of the variables that Mark has referred to and need to study my manual more.

Thanks both for the help given. I'll go back to the drawing board after I have learned some more.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2012, 19:33 »
hi
your greenup trigger
block1
and markets back_matched is equal to 1
and lay_matched is equal to 0
any other conditions that you use
block2
and markets back_matched is equal to 2
and markets lay matched is equal to 1
any other condidtions that you use

this will greenup your first bet, but only greenup the second bet if the first bet has been lay matched

ncbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2012, 20:38 »
Thank you, I am very grateful. Is there a McBee MFP application that I might purchase for my Smartphone, please ?  ;D

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE