Author Topic: Help with Backing 1st Favourites based on Starting SP  (Read 1518 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I have read many messages regarding changing the sort order based on short_sp / far_sp and actual_sp but still cannot get a trigger to work as I expect. I would like to back / dutch the 1st three horses based on the SP price order during pre-OFF. I'm evaluating the product and would like assistance in creating this trigger.

Example
Back Price / SP
1. 2.3 / 3.4
2. 4.5 / 4.8
3. 6.3 / 2.1
4. 14 / 7
5. 4 / 2.9

Based on the above example I would like to dutch selections 3, 5, 1 at back prices of 6.3, 4.0 and 2.3.

thanks. 

Re: Help with Backing 1st Favourites based on Starting SP
« Reply #1 on: 02 Aug 2017, 13:34 »
Hi
the Betfair Starting Price (BSP or SP or actual_sp) is available as soon as the market turns in-play. In your example, where would you get the SP prices pre-off?

yes you can easily make a trigger to dutch back the first three based on SP, but this would have to be in-play
otherwise you can use near_sp or far_sp which are available pre-off

for example using near_sp 1 minute before the off:
dutch back
all matching selections
once per market
market status: idle
conditions:
markets minutes before the off is less than 1
and selections sorting order is defined by near_sp
and selections trigger expression match_index is between 1 and 3
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2017, 14:09 »
Thanks MarkV. I tried that code put still wasn't selecting the correct selects. I assume near_sp is the same as "Projected SP" what you see on the betfair site.

Regards

« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2017, 05:38 »
Hi
yes here is Betfair's description
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE