Author Topic: Help with simple trigger - laying in win markets with recoup  (Read 14923 times)

Tags:
Hi
I'm testing it running a series of races in Time Machine, and it is going through them OK. I do think there might be a fault in the recoup formula, so I'll carry on checking it and will probably post back on Monday.

In the meantime please could you check this setting is un-ticked:
Settings > General Options > Market Settings > Delete settled events automatically
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
hi mark
there is a problem with the formula in the current_loss.
and with your trigger placing 2 bets in the place market it makes it worse.
the current loss goes below zero because you can have 2 winners, making double the profit taken off the loss amount, so it ends up after a few wins with a minus figure and if that amount is less than zero, then the trigger cannot place the bets.
it is not your trigger that is at fault, the fault is in the original trigger lay_recoupe_loss_in_steps.
i have altered the formula and the condition in the  zeroing winstep after loss or full recovery trigger, it has a condition if current_loss is equal to 0, but when the current loss goes below zero then the trigger cannot activate.
when i have finnished testing, i will get oxa to alter the original trigger and i will alter yours.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Thanks for that mcbee.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
hi mark
i have altered the trigger.
there was another problem with calculating the recovery amount due to there is either 2 winners, 1 winner and 1 loss or 2 losses.
so if for example we had
race 1 - a loss of 4.21(2.00x2+comm)
race 2 - 2 winners = 6.10 (stake x2+recovery 1.05x2)after comm
race 3 - 1 winner and 1 loss = 3.05 from the winner- 1.05x.80(1.80-1 odds)=-.84,total = 2.21
race 4 - 2 losses, the calculations take the history 2 laya*winstep = 3.05x2x2 races won=12.20,BUT the true winners is 3 and 1 loss=5.26(3winning selections=9.15,minus 1losing selection=3.05-the loss.84) profit, less than half of the calculated profit.
i have added a new trigger and constant, the constant is just a start amount 0 for the maximum bank balance.
the new trigger records any new maximum balance after a win.
so the current loss is based on the maxmum balance minus the current balance, giving a true loss amount minus any profit made.
the current loss will re-set when the maximum steps are reached or the current balance is equal or greater than the recorded maximum balance.
that's a lot or writing  Huh

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Hi mcbee
Thanks for the explanation, now I can see where the fault was. I'll try it. Thanks again.

• All members
Thanks for this guys - I will look forward to running the place market trigger tomorrow, and the original file for the Win market once it is ready.
thanks again
j

Hi
Win market trigger file attached.
Please use test mode to try it.

• All members
Hi jonargo, I'm just checking on this. Have you tested the file yet? I was wondering if how this turned up for you.
We only live once.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE