Author Topic: Help with trigger  (Read 8494 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Help with trigger
« on: 09 Sep 2013, 14:49 »
Hi,

I am having difficulty with my trigger that should wait until the race has reached a certain time/distance before working.  ie 1 min before the post.

I was hoping i could attach it here for someone to look at, but i cant see how.

Any help, much appreciated.

Regards
Kristo

Re: Help with trigger
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2013, 14:59 »
Hi
You can attach files to posts after you have made 5 posts on the forum.

If you want to trigger after a certain period of time after the start, add a condition to the betting trigger:
and market's minutes since the off is greater than xx
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2013, 16:46 »
Hi
Attached is a sample trigger which will back the favourite in-play 30 seconds after the race started. It is attached for demonstration. If you try it out, please use test mode.

If you still want to attach your trigger file, just split your next post in to 3 or 4 posts, and you will then be able to attach.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Sep 2013, 16:54 »
Hi mate,

I understand now.  bit new to the site.  However I have a good understanding of the triggers.  I am using a wait trigger i got my hands on, and I have tailored it to my needs.

I have been messing with it all day and I think it may have fired correctly, finally, in the 545gal today.  I will double check later and if its not working i will ask for some help.

Thanks again
Kris

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Sep 2013, 21:58 »
It triggered as soon as in play started.  rather than 30secs before the line.
Basically i need the in-play win market to trigger, say refresh to 0.3, at a predetermined time till finish(33secs possibly??), uk&ire horse.

i have tried using the place triggers on this forum to see if this would work but i am still with-out any success.

Can you help?

Regards
K

« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2013, 06:10 »
Hi
If we say a good average time for 1 mile, or 8f, to be 1:36
Subtract the 33 seconds before the post you specify, trigger to fire at 1:03
Therefore market’s minutes since the off = 1.05

The attached trigger will back the favourite at 33 seconds before the finish in an 8f race. Please use test mode.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2013, 07:53 »
Hi,

Thanks again Mark.  Yes that what i started doing initially, adding constants for every race and time start but i thought there must be an easier way, thats when i came across * race-length_place_markets.xml

is it possible to have this work for win only, UK&IRE do you think?

« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2013, 09:24 »
Hi
Please make one more post and then attach your trigger file to the following one. I will have a look.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2013, 09:33 »
will do, many thanks....

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2013, 09:38 »
many thanks

« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2013, 09:44 »
Hi
The trigger you posted derives the market length from market name.
But it looks like there is some confusion with the place stuff. I will see if I can simplify it and will post it up a bit later.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2013, 10:18 »
thats very kind of you... thanks so much

« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2013, 14:53 »
Hi
Please try the attached trigger file in test mode.
You can view the TimeToEnd variable updating in the View Variables window.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 10 Sep 2013, 14:59 »
i will test now,  thanks...

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 10 Sep 2013, 15:15 »
If i set in-play refresh rate trigger, to activate at wait,  it activates as soon as market is live.

any ideas mate?

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE