Author Topic: Help with trigger based on change in volume  (Read 721 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Help with trigger based on change in volume
« on: 23 Mar 2023, 19:43 »
Hey all,

Can someone help me with the attached trigger. I am trying to record the volume percent of each selection 10 mins before the off then at 30 seconds before the off, take the new volume percent, then sort selections in order of change in volume percent then place a £1 back bet on the 2 selections with the biggest increase in volume. I've set it up assuming that the order would be in ascending order so I placed the bets on the underdog and 2nd underdog but the trigger is just placing bets on the actual underdog and 2nd underdog. Not sure how I place the bets based on the order of change in volume. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Re: Help with trigger based on change in volume
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2023, 07:40 »
Hi
Yes underdog is indeed highest price selection.
You can do this in 1 betting trigger if you want.

change selections from underdog to all matching selections
add a condition as the last condition in the betting trigger:
and selections trigger expression match_index is between matching_number -1 and matching_number

it should bet on the 2 selections with highest volume% change. please test in test mode
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2023, 08:14 »
Hi
Yes underdog is indeed highest price selection.
You can do this in 1 betting trigger if you want.

change selections from underdog to all matching selections
add a condition as the last condition in the betting trigger:
and selections trigger expression match_index is between matching_number -1 and matching_number

it should bet on the 2 selections with highest volume% change. please test in test mode
Hey, I've set it up but seems to still be betting on the underdogs. I'll let it run for a while and check back later as I would expect some bets on the favourites. When I sort the selections using new volume percent - old volume percent, does it sort them from lowest to highest or high to low? Cheers.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2023, 08:16 »
Ahh yeah just had bets on 2 selections with odds at 5.8 and 8 so must be working ;D cheers. Also the one with the underdog won so it would have won me £150 ;D 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE