Author Topic: help with trigger expression please  (Read 4570 times)

Tags:
  • All members
help with trigger expression please
« on: 17 Dec 2013, 12:01 »
Hi , I want to create a trigger which backs the 3 selections in a race which have dropped in price by the most percentage over x amount of time. I can work out how to do one but not the top 3 . Any help would be most appreciated.

• Élite
Re: help with trigger expression please
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2013, 12:30 »
hi
if you include your trigger for the 1 selection, then i will add other triggers to include the top 3 selections based on your conditions.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2013, 12:30 »
Hi
and selections sorting order is defined by<your variable  it must equate to a number>
and selections trigger expression match_index is equal or greater than matching_number-2
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2013, 14:25 »
Hi I've attached the trigger file, i've ammended it to use the chance increase rather than percentage drop, if you could check the trigger expression and then show me how I can get it to choose the top 3 that would be great. Many thanks.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2013, 15:37 »
hi
here is the trigger
in the constants you can set
selections price growth
minutes before the off to check and place the bets
maximum odds for top rated
maximum odds for second top rated
maximum odd for third top rated

the trigger will only place the bets if there are 3 qualifiers
if you want to bet on 1 to 3 qualifiers, then remove the condition for matching number.
you will be able to learn how to rate any number condition using triggers.

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2013, 20:48 »
that's fantastic. many thanks

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2013, 21:14 »
Just one last query. If I want to find the 3 runners in the win market that have increased their chance the most before backing in the place market, do I simply alter the markets to " win markets" in the t1, t2 and t3 triggers or do I need to alter the trigger expressions in the conditions as well ( or instead ) to the format winplace_back_price. I take it  that the max odds figures would then refer to max odds in the win rather than place markets ?
Thanks again

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2013, 07:06 »
hi
in all the rated triggers
change all the    100/back_price - (100/(back_price-pdif_interval))
there are 3 per trigger to change.
to   100/winplace_back_price - (100/(winplace_back_price-winplace_pdif_interval))

leave all the triggers to place markets

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2013, 11:24 »
many thanks for that, much appreciated. Do I need to load both win and place markets in to " my markets " ?

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 18 Dec 2013, 11:30 »
hi
yes, if you are using the win market prices to choose the place market selections

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 18 Dec 2013, 14:53 »
Hi, tried all morning to get the file to trigger without success. I loaded both win and place markets and also altered the max price amounts to a large figure to make sure all selections were included then tried dropping the chance figure to try and make it trigger, I've checked all my settings to make sure that monitoring is taking place - can you see if it works for you. I've attached the file with the modified trigger expressions as you advised previously. Many thanks.

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 18 Dec 2013, 16:16 »
hi
the triggers work ok.
your problem is that you have not set your history to 70.00 minutes and you also need to monitor the markets for 65 minutes.
try setting the interval to 5 minutes for testing, then set it to 60, when you know all is ok.
set the history depth in the monitoring options

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 18 Dec 2013, 17:07 »
Many thanks for that, I wondered why it would only work with a 5 minute time frame set !  Thanks again.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE