Author Topic: [TR] Help With Trigger Required  (Read 2578 times)

Tags:
  • All members
[TR] Help With Trigger Required
« on: 03 Sep 2015, 10:23 »
Hello
I have been using a betting system whereby I lay a horse before the off at say 12 on Betfair.

Then I will watch the race and manually place a back bet if the price drops and the horse has a chance of winning.

I would like to take the guess work out of the equation as there is always an element of "should I - shouldn't I" place the back bet.

I have tried watching the videos but find the buttons etc they show are not the same as on my Marketfeeder page.

As an example the trigger would place a lay bet - say £2 - on all horses within a price range of say 10-12

During the race any of the selections that went down in price to say 4 the trigger would place a back bet of say £5.

This would recover some of the loss and as this would not occur in every race then overall should make a profit.

Is there anybody who has experience of this type of trigger and could provide me with step by step instructions as I find the site quite difficult to use.

I would consider help on a private basis if necessary.

I look forward to any replies.

Thanks

Jezzz

• Élite
Re: Help With Trigger Required
« Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2015, 11:56 »
hi
here is your trigger, in the constants you can set (hover the mouse pointer over the value and press the left mouse button to alter)
Bet amount for the lay bet
Bet amount for the back bet
Minimum lay price to bet
Maximum lay price to bet
Maximum back price then place a back bet
Minutes before the start time to place the lay bets

the trigger contains 2 triggers, 1 to lay the selections and 1 to place a back bet if the conditions are correct.
the first trigger is to place lay bets, in the conditions window you will see (press anywhere in the condition window to see and alter all conditions in that trigger)
Selection's lay price is between mlp1 and mlp2
mlp1 is the constant for the minimum lay price
mlp2 is the constant for the maximum lay price
so any selection that is within your set lay price the check will go to the next condition.
and markets minutes before the off is equal or less than mbo
mbo is the constant to set the minutes before the start time, .50 is 30 seconds
so if the time before the off is 30 seconds or less the check will go to the next condition.
and selections lay matched is equal to 0
this condition checks to see if a bet has already been placed and matched on this selection, if not then the check will go to the next condition
and selections lay unmatched is equal to 0
this condition checks to see if there is any unmatched bets on this selection, if not the the check will go to the next condition, if no other conditions then the lay bet will be placed.
if at any time/check the condition is not correct, the trigger will start checking from the first condition again until all conditions are correct.
the same happens with each trigger.

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2015, 12:22 »
McBee,
Thanks for your help, that's brilliant.

Could you help me just a little bit more at all please.

As I said in my first email I'm not very confident about using the site yet.

At the moment I am in test mode.

If I click on the light bulb next to triggers and then click triggers I get a pop up box called active triggers.

In the pop up window should I
 - click on Open Triggers,
 - then the trigger file you supplied which I have saved on the desk
 - then Reload

If so is there a way of knowing my trigger is actually "live" and waiting for the first condition to activate it.

Also is a way of selecting UK only races and win only at the four meetings on today.

Thanks

Jezzz

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2015, 13:01 »
hi
after you have opened the trigger, close the active trigger screen by pressing the x at the top right corner.
the light next to triggers will now be red, press the left mouse button over the red light and it will turn green, this shows that the triggers are active and waiting for a monitored market.
to use uk win only markets
select all markets , at the bottom you will see
add specific markets , press this with the left mouse button
now select [HORSE RACING] uk and irish win and place
under countries , scroll down to ireland , untick this
now under sports , scroll down to horse racing , press the + sign with the left mouse button.
now untick  place markets.
select save as
now where it says File Name    type       uk win only
now save
now select search , you will now have all the uk meetings
tick   clear my markets first
select   add to my markets

make sure that you have set the markets to be monitored
at the top of your bot screen select   settings
now select    monitoring options
tick   start monitoring events at (set to 1.00) mins before the beginning
save

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 03 Sep 2015, 13:11 »
hi
with your backing trigger betting in-play, you need a fast refresh rate, so select  settings  then  monitoring options.
on the right side where it says    Default refresh after the off (In-Play refresh)  (set to 0.30) sec

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2015, 14:30 »
Thanks again, I've sorted the races out and the refresh.

Another questions if I could,

On the last race the trigger just layed two horses - neither went on to set off the back bet trigger - so I made a profit of £3.80 after deductions.

When the trigger activated for the original lay bets there was a pop up box asking if I wanted to accept the bet.

As I was watching the scree I could answer yes to both.

If I was away from the screen can the Yes button be automatic to accept the bet?

Thnaks

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 03 Sep 2015, 14:36 »
hi
in the settings at the top of the bot screen (general options)
untick        Request confirmation for every critical operation

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2015, 16:47 »
Hello
Once again thank you for the help.

When I was trying to lay and back manually there were two things I did "automatically"  but did not realise I di it so did not mention in the original request.

One is the number of runners>

Is it possible to put in a condition that there needs to be a minimum 10 runners.

Also is it possible to add additional back bets at 2 and 3 for £2 each.

If this is possible it would offset the loss where a horse goes on to win.

I look forward to any advice.

Jezzz

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2015, 16:52 »
hi
sorry but you will have to make a new trigger request, giving your alteration instructions.
please use this link   http://community.welldonesoft.com/make-me-a-trigger!/

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE