Author Topic: Horse Racing backing first 3 favs if price drops  (Read 7385 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I was wanting to use this for Horse Racing.

My point would be to have it so the trigger only worked on the first 3 favourites in the betting, in a horse racing win market and it worked by:

1. Takes the last traded price for each of the selections and remembers it, not sure if saving them in a temporary list is best, at the off (when/just as the market turns in-play).
2. It backs any of the first 3 favourite selections if the price drops by 3 or a predetermined number of ticks (variable) then lays/greens up 2 ticks or a predetermined number of ticks lower (variable).
3. Once the green up has happened, and as long as the market has not been in-play for longer than a minute it repeats (logs current price of those 3 horses - only the 3 favourites at the off again at the new price, then looks to see if price drops by 3 ticks...works its magic)
4. It can trade all 3 of them individually/at the same time, if the criteria makes the selection(s) eligable.
5. The trigger should only run for up to 1 minute after going in-play (the minimum time it takes to run a race - 5f). If there is a way to change this to adapt to the length of the race then that would be brilliant!

Might be worth having a variable which allows you to determine how many times per selection you want the trigger to fire, eg. you only want to do 1 trade per horse or 2 trades per horse.

I only want to trade the first 3 favourites determined at the off, at any point in a race.

Re: Horse Racing backing first 3 favs if price drops
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2013, 12:45 »
Hi
Thanks for opening a topic. I will look at this this afternoon. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2013, 13:47 »
Hi
Please can you confirm:
If a lay bet remains unmatched and the selection's price has gone against you, no further action, e.g. no distribute loss?

Point 3. do you want to record current back/lay/last traded price as a reference for the next x tick drop?

Thinking this through, I don't think the second and any subsequent repetitions will work properly. This is because in-play there is no consistency in the prices at all, and there are always large gaps in the prices. Therefore the recording of the current price as a reference will be highly inaccurate, as will the activation at x ticks lower. I hope you understand what I am saying. Certainly points 1 and 2 should work fine.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2013, 15:41 »
Hi
Please can you confirm:
If a lay bet remains unmatched and the selection's price has gone against you, no further action, e.g. no distribute loss?

Point 3. do you want to record current back/lay/last traded price as a reference for the next x tick drop?

Thinking this through, I don't think the second and any subsequent repetitions will work properly. This is because in-play there is no consistency in the prices at all, and there are always large gaps in the prices. Therefore the recording of the current price as a reference will be highly inaccurate, as will the activation at x ticks lower. I hope you understand what I am saying. Certainly points 1 and 2 should work fine.

lay remains un-matched Thinking about it, the best option would be to have a variable which allows you to pick after how many seconds of the back being matched, to trade out and distribute loss (3 seconds as an example).

Point 3 basically i want to have it so that after a horse race has turned in play, wait 3seconds to let the market settle, then take the price of the first 3 in the market and then if it drops quickly by 3 ticks, back at that price and lay back 2 tickets lower.

If doing a repeat sequence is not reasible then take this part out.

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2013, 16:13 »
OK, I think we will do this in stages.
The attached trigger file will:
Note the first three favourites just before the off
Back any of the above in-play where:
current back price is equal or less than x ticks below the last traded price that was recorded for the selection right before the off.

Please try this in test mode and let me know how you want to proceed. 

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2013, 16:56 »
MarkV, that trigger is brilliant. I think the only thing which I have missed is that I feel this trigger would be better if it started 3seconds after the market goes In-play, is this possible?

« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2013, 20:03 »
I feel this trigger would be better if it started 3seconds after the market goes In-play, is this possible?
Hi
Please try attached trigger in test mode.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 08 Oct 2013, 04:40 »
Hi,
I understand this strategy however I am having trouble getting the trigger to work.
To get the trigger to work is it more than just selecting the race and loading the trigger?
Do I need to insert the variables if I just want to play around with it in test mode.
As per the example I want to back any of the first 3 favs if their price frops by 3 points after the jump.
And then repeat as per the example if their price drops by 3 points again.
If so were do I insert the variables?
All the best.

« Reply #8 on: 08 Oct 2013, 09:08 »
Hi
You will see from the discussion in the topic it was decided repeating the trigger in-play more than once is not going to work, so the posted trigger file will do the trade just one time only per market.

There is only one setting (Constant) in the trigger file, which is the number of ticks for the price to fall to activate green-up. Set it as you want and save the trigger file. See screenshot.

The trigger file should be loaded and the markets should be refreshing (started) about 1 minute before the off. Good settings for refresh rates for this trigger are: Idle 1sec In-play 0.3sec

If you are still stuck, let me know and I'll take you through loading up a trigger step-by-step.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 08 Oct 2013, 22:15 »
Thank you for your reply.
Could you tell me exactly were and how I insert the one constant into the trigger.
Being if the price falls 3 ticks it activates a green up.
All the best.

« Reply #10 on: 08 Oct 2013, 22:48 »
Hi
You need to edit the trigger file in the Trigger Editor.
As per the screenshot above, change the 5 which is circled in red to 3. Then save the trigger file and reload it into the program.

It would be good if you could learn how to edit triggers yourself, but for now if you want to you can use the trigger file I have edited and attached to this post.

Please try it in test mode.

PS you can watch a short video on how to edit triggers on this link:
http://marketfeeder.co.uk/screenshots/
or refer to the manual "Triggers Editor" section

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 08 Oct 2013, 23:15 »
Thank you.
I will try your trigger in Test Mode.
I will read the manual and watch the video.
All the best.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 09 Oct 2013, 05:15 »
I have loaded your trigger and it seems to backing to win $4.
If I want to back to win $100 were do I need to enter this?
I have tried Settings>Betting Options> Default amount to win = $100.
But this did not work.
All the best.

• Élite
« Reply #13 on: 09 Oct 2013, 06:56 »
John,

Having had a quick look only, it seems to be placing the first bets at default back amount. 

To increase the stakes (hence payout/loss) you can either increase your default back stake in your settings in the "Betting options" tab or replace 'default_backa' in the amount box in the trigger called First Backing to a number to represent your first stake.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE