Author Topic: How to construct a 5 minutes market?  (Read 1734 times)

Tags:
  • All members
How to construct a 5 minutes market?
« on: 09 Jun 2015, 20:11 »
I bet in 5 minutes markets "Goal Scored in the next 5 minutes" at normal bookies. The odds usually is between 5.0-7.0.

I wounder if anyone have an idea how to construct such a 5 minutes market from betfairs different soccer markets (correct score, under/over, match-odds,  ... etc)?

I appreciating all ideas, thanks!

• All members
Re: How to construct a 5 minutes market?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2015, 09:40 »
Hi Tupp

The new API, and how welldonesoft have used it, allows us to address different football markets quite easily now.  It's detailed in the manual around page 125, but each football market has a unique identifier now, so as an example you can address only the over under / under 2.5 goals using football8, so football8_market_volume will give you the market volume in that market.  This calculated figure can be addressed by any related football market, so you could refer to market volume of the over under 2.5 goals market in the correct score market for that game.

You can also use these betting codes in the conditions of the trigger, so the condition would read markets betting code is xxxxx

Your trigger could be made using match_minute, which gives you the time passed in each game, excluding half-time so it's more useful than minutes since the off.  Combine that with market_score1+market_score2 which will give you the total number of goals in the game, and whichever market code you need, and that should get you there.

Hope that helps!

• All members
Re: How to construct a 5 minutes market?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2015, 10:52 »
Thanks for helping armarni! I haven't used the match_minute variable before but I suppose it will be more correct for calculations where time is involved - A good tip!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE