Author Topic: How to Lay to a book percentage of over 200% in the place market  (Read 9020 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hy Guys

Can someone please show me how to set up a trigger to lay  to Lay to a book percentage of over 200% in the place market, for example lay the 4, 5, 6th favorites. This is for MF v6.0

Thanks

• All members
This is what I am trying to do.

Is there a way to implement this into MF Pro as a trigger.

Any brainy guys out there that can set this up.

Check out the link below.

http://betandlay.co.uk/strategies/Ideas/Place_market.htm

Hi
I have briefly read the article, and have not used book percentage in place markets, so this is a guess. If your matching selections are to make a book of greater than 200% I think the variable is match_l_book

Using your example above:
Lay
All matching selections
Conditions to include:
Selection’s rank is between 4 and 6
and Selection’s trigger expression match_l_book is greater than 200.00

untested – please use in test mode
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Thanks for the reply  MarkV

After reading the article from the link above

I think I need to lay any selections in the field to make a equal or grater than 100% book, we need to discard  lay the 4, 5, 6th favourites, I was wrong with this.

So the way I see it is that we need to lay all appropriate selections in the field that will give an amount of 100% or over, unfortunately this will not happen trying to lay the whole field.

Hi
The article suggests “laying the least fancied horses first”
OK, so the condition should then be:
Selection’s Lay Book% from bottom is greater than 200 (or 100)
(all matching selections)

Try it out

update:
your lay book % must be calculated as:
winner market = 100%
2 place market = 200%
3 place market =300%
and the variable to determine the number of places is: places

i.e.
Market's number of places is equal to 2
and Selection's Lay Book% from bottom is greater than 200
OR
Market's number of places is equal to 3
and Selection's Lay Book% from bottom is greater than 300

perhaps also look at Dutch Lay with the above conditions
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Wow thanks MarkV

How on earth am I going to set this up as a trigger, I am lost.

check back tomorrow

• All members
Ok will do thanks

• Élite
hi
the trigger would be easy to do.
BUT , the person in the video and the spreedsheets are stating what cannot happen.
betfair makes sure that the win marlet LAY book% does NOT go above 100%
and the place markets 2 place does NOT go above 200%
and 3 place markets does NOT go above 300%
this is why he has used so many odds of 2.00 in his example, because each odds of 2.00 adds 50% to the total, so it would very quickly go above the 200%, but in reality it won't happen.
and it gets worse if you try to do what he said by laying the least chance of winning selections, as there odds are far to high to make any where near 200%

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Hi
mcbee is quite correct in what he says. The date of the article is circa 2008. I believe at that time, it was possible to find arbitrage opportunities where the book % was in your favour from time to time. Betfair put a stop to that shortly after.
What might be possible is to offer prices in excess of a 200% or 300% book. However, the problem with offering prices is there is no guarantee they will all be matched. This trigger for winner markets may be of interest:http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/back-lay-dutching/back-dutch-lay-prices/

Attached is the basic mechanics of a trigger which will dutch lay a 2 place market with a book% from bottom greater than 200%, or a 3 place market with a book% from bottom greater than 300%. It is really of no practical use because you will not get the required book %. Just use it to understand how to set up some conditions for a trigger of this type.

Also try playing with the Auto Dutching feature.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE