Author Topic: Import from Multiple Files  (Read 3170 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Import from Multiple Files
« on: 28 Mar 2013, 09:05 »
The Import facility is sooooperb BUT......................

I have several approaches to identifying lays with the probability that a selection is nominated in more than one method.  I have been importing all selections from a single file, imaginatively called "Lay".  I now want to try to lay some of the selections more than once.  If I name them twice in "Lay" they seem to lay only once (in Test).  I have tried a second file "Lay 2" but the import seems only to pick up one file.

Any suggestions as to a solution (Either v6 or7)?

ErnTa in anticipatd appreciation

• All members
Re: Import from Multiple Files
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2013, 09:20 »
Run more than 1 instance of the program.  Do this by creating another profile, you can copy your existing one, and give it a different name.   Open the connection monitor and reduce the request limit on each instance so that the total requests will be 20 or preferably slightly less, otherwise you may be charged for excess data requests.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2013, 10:29 »
Do the import from your first file as usual.

Create another file where you'll include the names of the selections that must be laid twice. One name per one line.

Use your usual trigger to lay on the imported selections for the first time.

Create a second trigger that does the repeated betting. In the "Selections" choose "All Matching Selections", and in the conditions add this one:

Selection's Name is in file [path to the second file]

This should solve your task easily.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2013, 10:54 »
When one is using "Selection's Name is in file [path to the file]", is this file still needed to be imported for auto-trading? I would think not since only names in the file should be matched as a "Selection".

The question is when MFP reads this text file. There is an innocuous "Reread file" checkbox next to the file's path, and I'm not sure what this is for. If the file is only read once without this checkbox, when is it? If the file is read multiple times with the box checked, when and how often is it? Could't find anything in the Help file.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2013, 13:01 »
This seems to work with the Reread box checked

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2013, 10:40 »
If the file is only read once without this checkbox, when is it?

Without the "Reread" box ticked, the file is read into the program whenever you open a trigger file or save it only.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE