Author Topic: In-play, horse racing triggers  (Read 2891 times)

Tags:
  • All members
In-play, horse racing triggers
« on: 13 May 2013, 07:52 »
Hi guys,

I have registered for a trial of your software to see if I can automate my trading method. I wonder if you could tell me if the following questions can be answered with your software:

What is the distance of the race, e.g. 2 miles, 6 furlongs, 1 mile 2 furlongs, etc?
How many places are being paid?
During in-play, how long since the market went in-play?
During in-play, how many runners are trading below a certain price, e.g. 20.0

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best,

Mark

P.S. I have now seen the "market length" variable so I will convert this from metres to miles/furlongs.

So, I will create a variable called "wait" which will be the in-play time to wait before trading the market. Which variable is the current time in play please, and is it seconds or minutes?

How would I set the variable "wait" based on the time in play and how would I compare it to the in-play time? I think I understand the basic processes but I'm not sure how to structure the code, e.g. subroutines, header code, etc.

Thanks,

Mark

One final question for now. I will be trading the place market but the information I need will be from the win market. Can I access both markets for each selection?

Thanks,

Mark

• All members
Re: In-play, horse racing triggers
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2013, 07:57 »
Thanks for the reply, apologies for posting on the wrong forum! You have correctly guessed the system :)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Best regards,

Mark

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2013, 08:20 »
One of the additions I would like to make is to place lay bets on the place market at 1.21 and 1.11 once the initial place bet is matched.

Also, how do you bet a percentage of bank using the main settings? I can find a default back stake but not %age.

Thanks again,

Mark

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2013, 08:29 »
hi
percent of bank would be
balance*.10 for 10% of the bank

for the distance look at this example trigger
http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/miscelaneous-betting/race-length/

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2013, 08:38 »
Thanks for this. Is there a trigger file already created for this strategy or is there someone who could write it for me? I think the programming skills may be too advanced for me.

Best regards,

Mark

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE