Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by benko on 22 Apr 2018
  • I have recently re-subscribed after an absence since 2016 and have been looking at any changes to MFP since then that may affect me.

The format for importing a selection file for Australian horse races used to be for each line in the text file: an entry number followed by a full stop then a space then the horse's name, all the previous enclosed in double quotation marks like this:

"1. horse name" 

Additional information useful for a trigger could be added separated by a tab, in my case I add a number that can be picked up as the imported_1 variable.

So in my case a selection file with headings would look like this:

tno_horse    bet_factor
    "1. horse nameA"    2
    "3. horse nameB"    4
    "7. horse nameC"    8
    "1. horse nameA"    8
    .....and so on typically 50 to 150 lines

The fourth entry is not a misprint: a selection may be bet several times with a different bet_factor.
    The bet_factor value is picked up in imported_1 and used to modify bet size.

I use a simple trigger that backs the selection at the off time for an amount modified by the bet_factor.

Question: Is the above format still OK?

• #2 by MarkV on 22 Apr 2018
  • Hi
    I just tested this. The format for importing is fine, but I don't think you can have multiple lines in the text file for the same selection because it will use only the first line.

To get this to work I used imported_2:

"1. horse nameA"    2     8
    "3. horse nameB"    4
    "7. horse nameC"    8

and then a separate betting trigger for entries with imported_2 using a condition:
    selections trigger expression imported_2 is greater than 0

this works ok with 2 bets for horse nameA
  • #3 by benko on 22 Apr 2018
  • Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the information and your method to deal with backing duplicate selections.
    Most helpful and appreciated!
  • #4 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 23 Apr 2018
  • Excellent advice, MarkV!
Pages:
Actions