Author Topic: Is it possible to check the value of green up action or distribute loss action?  (Read 2640 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi last months i am working on some correct scores lay triggers in combination with under/over markets. I have one big problem and i am not sure if there is an obvious solution or a roundway that i can calculate possible profit or loss in a market without placing a bet.

For example i lay 5 correct scores and under 2.5 depending on the time goal scored and the given prices on the selections i might green in one market and lose in the other and total sum gives me profit. But some times all the prices are against me so i dont want to close open bets(green up or distribute loss between selections). But when you lay many selections it is very difficult to have seperate remember triggers to compare odds.

Anyone knows an easier way for this?

• All members
Hi,
Was there any solution suggested for this request? I too would like to know a method of determining what the 'distribute loss' amount would be on fixed odds before it is actually placed.
Thanks in advance!

Hi
To calculate the amount for a distribute loss or greenup, you need to know the exit price, or predicted exit price.

for a back bet the exit price is the lay_price, and to calculate the amount:
(bm_backp*bm_backa)/lay_price

for a lay bet the exit price is the back_price, and to calculate the amount:
(bm_laya*bm_layp)/back_price
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Thanks MarkV.
I should have mentioned that this would be for Poker Exchange following a lay, therefore the distribution would be backing three hands. I suspect that the formula may be more complex, i.e. I don't think I can apply (bm_laya*bm_layp)/back_price to each of the back hands and expect the liability to be equal for all, could I? Hope that makes sense.

I'm already implementing the 'distribute loss' function that is available, but I only want to invoke it if it means the available funds following settlement would allow the next lay to be made at my recalculated lay amount.

Cheers.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE