Author Topic: Is it possible to run more that one trigger file?  (Read 907 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I have managed to do this by opening multiple instance of MFP but it chews computer resources, I was wondering if it was possible to do this in one instance or should I just copy the trigger block of one file and paste it into another?

Re: Is it possible to run more that one trigger file?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2020, 10:37 »
Hi
Yes you can run more than one trigger in the same trigger file. Need to be careful they don't interfere with each other. There is article on this here.  
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2020, 22:01 »
Sorry to hijack a thread, but this might answer one of my questions...

I'm new to Marketfeeder Pro, and am still on the trial trying to learn it, and I'm puzzled on how you can run several different trigger files at the same time. Using another (unnamed) product, you can assign an automation file to different markets - is something similar possible in this product or do I have to create one big trigger file with all the different triggers and conditions in there?

Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2020, 06:26 »
Hi
You can run multiple instances of MFP with their own settings and triggers. See helpfile section: Login Window. This is probably the easiest way to run different triggers simultaneously.

It is also feasible to run multiple triggers in one trigger file in one instance. The trigger's Markets field would be assigned a specific type of market e.g. Horse Races or Soccer Games, and the triggers would only execute in those specific market types.

You can also use condition blocks e.g.

OR
markets betting code is Win (Horse Racing and Greyhounds)
and markets name contains "Greyhound"
and markets matched volume is greater than 100
OR
markets betting code is Match Odds (Soccer & Tennis)
and markets name contains "Soccer"
and markets matched volume is greater than 5000

etc.

The important thing is all instances and triggers in real mode share the same list of bets and statement, e.g. win/lose variables. Your conditions and triggers should take this into account perhaps using user variables.

hope that helps        
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE