Author Topic: Keep a running total of losses?  (Read 1963 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Keep a running total of losses?
« on: 20 Mar 2013, 21:32 »
Hi all,

I’ve tried doing this for ages and can’t find a way, so I ask for your help… Is there a way to keep a running total of losses even after a win? last_lost sets itself to 0 when there has been a win.

So for example, If I lose 4, then lose 8 then lose 16 last_lost would be 28 which is great, but then if I win 20 it resets to 0. I would like to have a variable which says there is still a loss of 8. Once the loss is 0 (i.e. in profit) I don’t need it counting again until another loss – so using total_won won’t work because that takes data from the last so many days etc...

I’ve tried to use last_lost – last_won but it doesn’t work. I think it’s because last_lost resets to 0 before I can add the 2 together?

Thanks,

Dave
Yeah! :p

Re: Keep a running total of losses?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2013, 22:17 »
Hi
If you are talking about the last loss per market, how about IF(last_pl < 0, last_pl, 0)

If this is a cumulative figure over all markets, you would need to update a user variable in each new market.
This is just an idea and is untested:

Set user variable
Name: runningtotal_loss
Value:  runningtotal_loss + IF(last_pl < 0, last_pl, 0)
Condition:
previous events status is settled
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
Re: Keep a running total of losses?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2013, 22:29 »
hi
i am not sure what you want to do, but if you want to make sure that you recover all your losses, then use a variable to maintain a maximum bank amount
new trigger
set user variable  (max bank or the name you want)  amount IF(test_mode=1,balance,test_balance)
condition
and selections trigger expression  IF(test_mode=1,balance,test_balance)  is greater than  max bank

if you want to carry the loss over to the next day, then add the max bank to the constants and set to remember

this will keep a record of your bank balance.
so in you betting trigger you would have in the amount box
(your stake amount)+(max bank-IF(test_mode=1,balance,test_balance))

or if you only want to recovery a percent of the loss then
(your stake amount)+((max bank-IF(test_mode=1,balance,test_balance))*.10)

the .10 is for 10% of the loss, alter this to whatever you want

the other way is to use total_won,BUT in the general settings, account statement, set retrieve data that are not older than 0 days
this will only use todays profit and loss amounts

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE