Author Topic: Ladder mode  (Read 3173 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Ladder mode
« on: 14 Jan 2014, 21:42 »
Hi all, simple question hopefully. Is there a way to open a market automatically in ladder mode displaying all runners. I'm trying to develop a trigger that requires traded_last as a comparison but can't find out how to do it automatically.
Basically I want to find the single largest bet on any runner pre-race.
Is there a way to do this, or a workaround maybe.

Re: Ladder mode
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2014, 22:04 »
Hi
Unfortunately there is no automatic way to open the ladder interface for any, or all selections. It has to be done manually. That makes the ladder-specific variables rather cumbersome to use.
Could you use instead volume% ?
"The percentage of the money traded on the selection as compared to the total amount of money traded in this market. Can be anything from 0 to 100."
Does not need the ladder, and you could check the volume% periodically to see if there is a big increase. Just a thought.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2014, 23:14 »
I could perhaps try (volume_now - volume_then)/volume_then for each selection
I think this would do the same thing, although needs a bit of work. Do you think that's a possibility?

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2014, 06:42 »
hi scummbags
this trigger will record the most back amount, it is the closest you will get with a trigger.
it will record the index number in  si
and record the amount in mtv
so you can copy and paste the trigger in to your set of triggers and add the constant.
you would then use  si  as your condition for the betting selections index number
and selections index number is equal to si
and selections trigger expression mtv is greater than (your minimum amount before placing a bet) (use if you want more than a certain amount before placing a bet)

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2014, 08:11 »
Thanks Mcbee, I'll have a look at it this evening.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE