Author Topic: [TR] lay the field in play when 2 horses are competitive  (Read 3157 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Can anyone help with this? I want to lay the field when 2 horses are close to the finish. When the lead horse's price is 2 or less I want to lay the field at 1.61 but only when a second horse's price is 3 or less to hope for a competitive finish. If the second horse price does not reduce to 3 then there is no bet. Is it possible to design a trigger to achieve this??

• Élite
Re: lay the field in play when 2 horses are competitive
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2015, 18:54 »
hi
here is your trigger,in the constants you can set
Bet amount
Favorite's maximum back price
Second favorite's maximum back price
Lay all at lay price of

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2015, 19:10 »
Hi Mcbee
Many thanks  for your help. I will download and give the programme a run. Really grateful for your efforts
Cheers
Dave (dac11)

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2015, 14:47 »
Hi mcbee.
The trigger is working fine except that when the trigger conditions are met the programme asks me if I want to place all the lay bets or not.  I want to place the bets every time is there a way of removing this question so the bets are fired in straight away?
Finally does the trigger reload itself between races when betting in automatic form?
Once again thanks for the help
D (dac11)

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2015, 18:31 »
hi
open the settings at the top right of mfp screen
un-tick Request confirmation for every critical operation

the trigger will work in every market that is been monitored

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2015, 18:59 »
Hi mcbee
Can't thank you enough. That's resolved all the problems
Cheers
D (dac11)

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2015, 22:05 »
Hi mcbee
As you suggested I have tested the trigger and found it works well. In my trigger request I indicated that the lead horse price should equal 2 or less and the second horse price must reduce to 3 or less resulting in a lay the field bet of 1.61 for all horses in the race. The Trigger you designed links these two conditions so that the lay bets are not placed until both conditions are satisfied simultaneously. I have noted that the lead horse(you describe it as favourite) status changes in a close finish and sometimes the lay bets are fired in late.
Is it possible to separate the price conditions as 2 unique conditions?  So that the first condition for the lead horse is met at 2 or less. It doesn't matter if this horses price goes above 2 thereafter.  The second condition for another horse to reach 3 or less fires the lay bets trigger no matter what the price of the lead horse is.
I would welcome your thoughts. Thanks in anticipation. Dave (dac11)

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 24 Oct 2015, 10:31 »
hi
i have altered the trigger to use the minimum back price over the last 5 minutes of any selection.
so if at least one selections price drops to your set price or lower and the second fav reaches your set price then the lay bets will be placed.

please use test mode

mcbee

download the trigger below

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2015, 10:48 »
Hi mcbee
Thanks for your adjustment. I will test it as you suggest. Many thanks for all your help
Cheers
Dave (dac11)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE