Actions
  • #1 by McMurphy on 27 Jan 2013
  • I find it confusing that there are all these trigger actions:
    greenup
    spread loss
    distribute loss between selections
    attempt to greenup
    distribute profit

But no single action to just cash out of a market?

This is what I have found when testing:
    green up will not work if the odds have moved against your selection, so you have to first work out if the odds have moved for/against you then choose to use "green up" or "distribute loss"

This seems very long winded, what am I missing?
  • #2 by MarkV on 27 Jan 2013
  • Hi
    The distribute loss action will work as green-up or red-up depending on the conditions you set. For example, the attached will green or red a back bet at 5 ticks either side of the back matched price.

However, for clarification and ease of logic, it is quite alright to have a green-up trigger if the market goes in your favour and a distribute loss trigger as a stop-loss. Most of the example triggers with a stop-loss use this method.
  • #3 by McMurphy on 27 Jan 2013
  • Thanks again Mark, I'll have to take another look at "distribute loss" some evening during the week, not much happening in the markets now.

I did notice that a condition of your trigger ensures that no unmatched bets are outstanding, that probably explains why I was getting uneven PL across selections while testing earlier.
  • #4 by McMurphy on 30 Jan 2013
  • The distribute loss action will work as green-up or red-up

So I took another look at this tonight.

I backed Under 2.5 goals, waited a minute until the priced had moved enough for me to green up, then I turned on the trigger to see it distributing the loss i.e. greening up. Nothing happened, this is the log:

20:46:36   None of the selections qualifies for a distribute loss between selections.
    20:46:36   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 2 selections: Over 2.5 Goals, Under 2.5 Goals.
    20:46:36   Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression ABS(UnderPL-OverPL) is greater than 0.15.

So, green up doesn't always work, neither does distribute loss. Therefore it seems that I have to do something non trivial to get MFP to actually green up for me.
  • #5 by MarkV on 31 Jan 2013
  • Hi
    Attached is a basic back / greenup / distribute loss trigger file along with a demo of it in operation. This can be used as the foundation for a more enhanced trigger by adding your own conditions to the triggers. I hope this helps.
Pages:
Actions