Author Topic: Laying in the place market  (Read 4561 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Laying in the place market
« on: 09 Jul 2015, 15:49 »
Hi mcbee,
             This is a new request, I need a  set of triggers that back bets in the Greyhound
Place Market.
1:- back the fav at odds  equal or greater than 1.9 , if the 1st race loses, recoup loses plus £2 profit in the 2nd race and so forth till the bet wins and start again, I want the trigger
to fire a bet when the previous event is settled.

2:- back the 2nd fav at odds equal or greater than 1.9,  if the 1st race loses, recoup loses plus £2 profit in the 2nd race and so forth till the bet wins and start again, I want the trigger to fire a bet when the previous event is settled.

3:-- back the 3rd fav at odds equal or greater than 1.9,  if the 1st race loses, recoup loses plus £2 profit in the 2nd race and so forth till the bet wins and start again, I want the trigger to fire a bet when the previous event is settled.

ALL the above three triggers would monitor each race at the same time and fire bets according to the above conditions. And very important. these three triggers will recoup the losses plus £2 profit after the previous event is settled separately by means monitoring
the 1st, 2nd and 3rd favs previous results in the live statement independently.
Kind Regards

• Administrator
Re: Laying in the place market
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2015, 13:20 »
Hello!

This is a nontrivial task for sure. It is technically impossible to track the losses and winnings of individual selections in MF Pro, but I did so using multiple triggers.

See the trigger file attached. Don't reorder triggers and don't edit or remove the current_lossN constants.

Make sure you have tested them in test mode first.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2015, 13:49 »
Hello Oxa,
 thanks for your reply and the effort for putting such a complicated triggers. I will try it
and see what I could get out of it. hopping good results.
Best Regards

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2015, 14:52 »
Hi Oxa,
          the triggers dose not fire any bets at all. I download them without altering anything, can you help thanks
Kind Regards

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2015, 16:34 »
hi
i have tested the trigger and it works as it should.
please make sure that you have ticked allow small bets in the betting options.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2015, 10:24 »
I thought I would have a play around with this trigger in test mode while I watched the footy (Aust).

It seems to place the first bets, but if a net loss on the race, nothing more - ever.

I have not changed it in any way, and "allow small bets" is ticked.

Back to the footy!

bobh

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2015, 15:14 »
I've just tested this on the last few UK races and it seems to work perfectly.  Stakes have increased on the losing selections in the next race.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2015, 10:26 »
Quite correct.

I was deleting finished markets in Settings.

Working tonight.

Bobh

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2015, 19:16 »
Hallo Oxa and Macbee,

I have tested the triggers for few days backing the 1st fav in the greyhound place market.
It works perfectly, but when there is a long running losses of say 8, the triggers recoup the losses but it dose not cover the commission plus £2 profit. I attached a screen shot to explain it and the triggers I am using, would you please adjust the trigger? so that it recoup the losses plus £2 profit including commission many thanks.
Kind Regards

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2015, 20:55 »
Hi,

You need to change the bet amount in the Amount section of the firing trigger.

It already includes the current loss and the initial win amount, so you just need to recover the commission of 5% presumably.

So you would add some formula to work out what the commission will be IF the bet wins.

The current formula is:
(bet_size + current_loss1)/(back_price-1)

so you just add what you need
((((bet_size + current_loss1)/(back_price-1))/100)*105)

test it and if it works, then good. If not, look up the trigger files and try to work out what is stopping the trigger from firing when it is reading the conditions. But it should work.

Larp

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2015, 22:25 »
One thing I have learnt to my regret over 50 years of betting is that loss recovery strategies always come undone at some stage.

Nevertheless, whenever I see someone trying out a new approach, I like to test them just to reassure myself.

This greyhound trigger seemed innocuous enough with place bets in a 6 dog field with a price qualifier, but when the betting on the favourite (bets placed 6 secs before start) reached over $2,000 to maintain a profit of $11, it clearly confirmed my view about these types of staking plans.

I will continue waiting and reading to see if someone, anyone, can come up with a satisfactory loss recovery strategy that does not involve mortgaging the house during a long losing streak.

Good luck!

bobh

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 26 Jul 2015, 11:32 »
Hi frankel,

You did not mention the recoupment of the commission in your initial trigger request. Be very specific in your next description.

I am attaching the amended triggers.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE