Author Topic: Laypro88 - Bets placed after race has started  (Read 1646 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi All

Newbie here trying the Laypro88 system.

Having run this on test for a few days i have noticed that it places some bets after the race has started. Is this wise or should i set it to only bet before the race has started?

If so how do i change this setting to not bet 'in play'

Thanks

Re: Laypro88 - Bets placed after race has started
« Reply #1 on: 02 Nov 2016, 19:39 »
Hi
In the "laying" trigger change the Market Status from "All Except Settled" to "Idle or Suspended". Save the trigger file and try in test mode.
See attached screenshot.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Nov 2016, 20:40 »
Thanks for replying

That's great thank you i will adjust the setting and test.

Is this a more preferred method rather than leaving the bet in play? I have read a few articles that mention more about laying the bet before the race starts rather than in play

Also the time the bet is placed before the race is currently set to 1 minute, should this time also be reduced? I was thinking 10 seconds before the race, if so what number to i change to adjust this?

Thanks again for your help

« Reply #3 on: 03 Nov 2016, 18:36 »
Hi
Your first question is difficult to answer because it depends on your laying system. The laypro 88 is a staking plan that could be applied to any selection at any point before or after the off. However, the market's lay book percentage is likely to be at best value just before the off, whereas in-play the liquidity will be much less and consequently you may not get matched at a "value" price, or might not be matched at all. Hope that makes sense. 

There is a constant at the top of the trigger file you can change for when to place the bet. It's mins_before_off and is set to 1 in the default trigger. If you want the trigger to fire 10 seconds before the off set it to 0.16   
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 03 Nov 2016, 18:42 »
Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply

I have received a reply from Steve one of the creators of the Laypro88 system who stated that the bets must be before the race and NOT in play.

Thanks for the advice on the timings i will have a play about with the times to see if this makes any difference.

Thanks again

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE