Author Topic: Limiting number of markets open  (Read 2118 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Limiting number of markets open
« on: 14 May 2023, 17:57 »
Okay so I've been having issues with MF Pro when there are too many markets open. I'm currently betting on O/U markets, my system opens all o/u markets for an event and because there are quite a few, I seem to have issues whenever there are a lot of games and gets worse on a sat and sun afternoon. So I've tried a few things and these are typically what I'm aiming to do... my program is recovery by the way so it only allows one bet at a time.

• Delete markets asap after settled or finished - I changed the delete setting to delete finished markets except last 20 which worked but messed up my bet control so that it always thought I had a bet on and couldn't place the next bet. Changed it to delete all except last 50, same problem and same problem with delete all except last 100. So I set up a trigger to delete settled markets 150 mins after the off. This trigger stopped executing when the event ended so didn't work
  • Since I only need a bet at a time, I could set-up a trigger that deletes all markets except the one with the bet but not sure how is best to do this or if safe cause might also screw with my values for bet control
  • I only bet on score 1 + score 2 + 0.5 so I could delete any that are 1.5 or above and then the market locator would add them again and the trigger would delete them if the score still hasn't changed. Not sure if this would help.

Any help would be appreciated, I keep ended up having to reload and missing a few hours of bets. Also not ideal if in middle of recovery plan.

Re: Limiting number of markets open
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2023, 11:47 »
Hi
It depends on what markets your trigger needs to be available for each event.

to delete markets with no bets:

delete market
markets number of matched back bets is equal to 0
and markets number of matched lay bets is equal to 0
and markets number of unmatched back bets is equal to 0
and markets number of unmatched lay back bets is equal to 0

plus any conditions needed for time (match_ minute) and current score
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2023, 18:03 »
hey,

thanks, I have a max odds limit of 5 so could I have conditions for the number of bets like you said and then a condition for lay_price to be above my maximum odds condition? That way it would basically delete all that don't qualify then the market locator would add them again and they should be deleted unless the price has changed or would this slow down MF Pro because of too many actions?

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2023, 06:06 »
Hi
Yes that will work. There is also an option in Market Locator to skip previously deleted markets if that helps. It would be even better if the Market Locator template could filter out more non-qualifying markets, but that depends on your criteria. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2023, 06:35 »
I would need previously deleted markets to be added again because I place a lay bet on one more goal only allowing one bet at a time so if another events markets have been deleted using the condition but two more goals have been scored then I would need it to reload that deleted market as the odds would have dropped below 5.0 (depending on inplay time) so then when the trigger attempts to delete events again, this event should stay in my markets as it qualifies for a bet if that makes sense.

I just need to be very careful what triggers I add because the system seems to be working well at the moment so any small change I make could end up changing the events that the bets get placed on and result in a full loss so hopefully this won't happen.

Just another quick question. Do settled or finished markets affect the speed that MF Pro runs at if they are still in my markets list?

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2023, 06:49 »
Okay so just set it up like this

delete market
selections: first matching
Execute: once per market
Market Status: All Markets

Conditions:

Selections Index is equal to 2

AND
Selections lay price is less than min_price
and Selections lay price is greater than max_price

and Markets number of matched back bets is equal to 0
and Markets number of matched lay bets is equal to 0
and Markets number of unmatched back bets is equal to 0
and Markets number of unmatched lay bets is equal to 0

Does this look okay? so if a bet hasn't been placed and the odds are less than the min price or higher than the max price then the market will be deleted then the market locator will re-add markets occasionally. Would this also deleted settled markets since the odds won't be in the price range?

« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2023, 14:44 »
Hi
According to your description it should be less than min_price OR higher than max_price

but your conditions are "and"

AND
Selections lay price is less than min_price
and Selections lay price is greater than max_price

should be:
or Selections lay price is greater than max_price

could also use instead of above:
and selections lay price is outside min_price and max_price

regarding deleting settled markets add a condition:
or markets status is settled

please test in test mode until you're confident it works as you want it to 

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2023, 17:16 »
yeah i noticed that earlier and adjusted it. it seems to work but now im having problems with settled or suspended markets being deleted prematurely even though they have a bet which affects my bet control. ive tried changing the status to inplay to see if that helps.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2023, 17:23 »
just thought I could add another trigger for settled marlets with a condition that bet control equals 0 so hopefully it will delete settled markets before the next bet is placed but not before its settled

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2023, 18:01 »
I'll try setting up a trigger for deleting settled markets where the settled P/L is equal to 0. So at the end of the day I should be left with just the events where bets were placed on my list. 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE