Author Topic: Linking selections in one market with those in another  (Read 2775 times)

Tags:
  • All members
How do i go about linking a bet in one market (eg. a horse racing win market or a tennis match odds mkt) with a related bet in the same event - eg. respectively a horse racing place market or tennis set betting market (ie. where the same name exists across the related events, albeit the tennis example is slightly different as my selection would appear as both 2-0 and 2-1)

I want to execute something along the lines of
"If a tennis player is priced 1.8-2 in a tennis match then lay them to win 2-0 at 3.0"

I am quite new to this so any hints appreciated as to how to go about doing this;  please assume limited prior knowledge!

I have read much of the manual but it doesnt seem to touch on this type of thing much, as far as i can understand it

Many thanks

• Élite
Re: Linking selections in one market with those in another
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2013, 15:21 »
hi
you have to use the remember function,like this
(any name)_market_parent_id
this records all the market information that is required, unless you add a condition to just record the back price or whatever
this is a good example of how the remember is used in 2 related markets.
http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/miscelaneous-betting/soccer-correct-score-match/
it is for football, but you can see how the remember is used to link the markets, so that triggers can use the information from each market.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2013, 16:28 »
Ok thanks mcbee

What would you say is the best way for a beginner to begin to construct something like the system i described but from scratch, using the type of suggestion that you made.  The videos on the site seem fairly hit and miss and the manual not really enough detail in places.  Any thoughts appreciated, eg. specific videos or things to do

Also, you responded to part of my other post about why no market data is copying over to excel but noone has answered this.  Do you think it is an excel version issue or is it something im not allowed to do in test mode?

Finally how do i load the Formula Builder, which is mentioned in several places but which i cant see

Thanks

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2013, 16:41 »
hi
the best way to learn is to play with the example triggers, like the one i showed you, start by altering the values to see what does what and where.
this way you will learn quicker and start to understand how the triggers are put together.
the formula builder is the manual input part of the trigger (where you put values or names)
with the excel, it works with test mode or live mode the same.
at the top right of the bot screen, press Settings, then press Excel.
you need to tick  Add layout to spreadsheets,   Create a sheet for each market and  Display current bets in excel

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2013, 19:11 »
OK, what would you say is the best (simple) trigger to experiment with and would you mind outlining how exactly to run one in simple steps

Many thanks

PS  I will try the excel launch on a different PC (with recent excel) and await Oxa

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2013, 19:51 »
hi
i made simple back or lay trigger, so that user's could start test betting and learning basics.
in the constants you can
choose to back or lay bet
choose the favourite to bet on
or
use the selections name
set your minimum price/odds
set your maximum price/odds
set the time before the start to place your bet
set the amount of money to bet

hope you find it usefull

mcbee

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

please download the trigger below

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE