Author Topic: Live score coverage  (Read 30454 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: Live score coverage
« Reply #45 on: 21 Sep 2010, 10:26 »
By the way, are there any problems with the live score functionality last days? Hope it works correct ::)

Only in some night matches suddenly the live score appears and most of the time not from the start of the match...

I decided to leave my soccer market triggers aside until we have a fix on this so please when it is working OK make an announcement  ::)

• Élite
« Reply #46 on: 21 Sep 2010, 17:00 »

MF pro is not aimed to any sports, so it has a unified interface for all markets.
It would be great to have a page looks special for each type of sports but... I don't think we are going to do so in the nearest releases. :'(

Yes, sure! But I was refering to "coupon view". This is not exclusively for soccer but for example also for tennis and I believe other sports, too.

But we can't have everything.....

• Élite
« Reply #47 on: 21 Sep 2010, 20:19 »
hi
today i had a go at the cash gen, so i loaded all the soccer markets ie-correct score and match odds.
the trigger just made back bets, no lay bets, and no scores were showing.
so i deleted all the matches and loaded 1 match real madrid.
the trigger worked straight away no problem and i had the score showing.
so could the no score problem be to many matches been monitored at once.
i am new to this football betting, i didn't realise there were so many matches per day.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #48 on: 23 Sep 2010, 16:40 »
Hi,i totally agree that a solution must be found for this someday  :).I v also stopped what i was doing,untill is fixed,and i am 100% agree with Theodore's last post.
I m  a happy customer of MFP and its support,but for now we will have to wait :'( .
Stavros C

• Élite
« Reply #49 on: 23 Sep 2010, 17:32 »
hi
yesterday i used 4 matches.
2 were with scores
2 no scores at all and the matches were suspended all the time.
this is betfair not mfp.
it looks like we need to be selective with the matches for results and betting, as if they are suspended then no trigger can work.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #50 on: 23 Sep 2010, 17:56 »
Re: Cash Gen - I used to do this manually before I ever heard of MFPro and became quite good at selecting the best matches.  Does the trigger need the score to operate?
Surely, it backs 0-0 and lays the draw before play and then just attempts to green-up on the lay.  The match score should not be relevant.

• Élite
« Reply #51 on: 23 Sep 2010, 18:06 »
hi
it places a back bet, then places a lay bet, then waits to do a manual greenup.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #52 on: 23 Sep 2010, 18:29 »
It works whenever it is not tired, my friend.

I can't find any other pattern based explanation.

You see, in soccer two things matter in all strategies:
1. Goal scoring
2. Time passing

If we are not sure for (1) all relevant strategies must be excluded.
There are not left a lot of things...

Best Regards

Theodore

The only things that are important in trading are the relevant back and lay prices of the chosen markets. The actual score in a football game is of of little importance to anybody. I appreciate that the scoring of a goal will have a direct impact on prices. Triggers have to be made so as to operate as a result of these price changes and not to operate in consequence of events during a game, goals, yellow cards, red cards, offsides, etc.

I cannot see how Welldone can do any more. Soccer markets are often suspended without good cause as the guy on the Betfair button panics as a result of believing he has seen something when nothing has actually happened. This causes great difficulty for those trying to make triggers but I am afraid it is something we have to learn to live with.

Asa comparative newcomer to MFP I already find making any set of triggers a challenge. My past experience of trading soccer matches manually for many years has led me to believe that soccer is one of the more difficult sports to automate.  Pre-race and in-running horse racing is comparatively simple.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: 23 Sep 2010, 21:17 »
Have spent this evening checking the live score functionality and it works perfect for all in-play matches going on BetFair. Usually it takes 5-15 seconds from the goal to appear in MF pro. What am I doing wrong ???
Can't catch any problem with the feature. :'(
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• Élite
« Reply #54 on: 24 Sep 2010, 05:45 »
hi
if that is the case, then can we have an auto load for in-play markets, with match odds etc etc selection.
otherwise it is, press the inplay selection at the bottom of the all markets and manualy select each one, this will take a very long time sorting out the in-play soccer.

mcbee

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: 24 Sep 2010, 07:59 »
The search for markets by parameters feature has been announced for the next version. But, there is no information from the BetFair which market will support live scores. :-[
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• Élite
« Reply #56 on: 24 Sep 2010, 08:16 »
hi
but there is already a button for in-play, in the market selection panel.
so why can you not program the bot to open the in-play market selection then choose the soccer/horse/dogs that is in this section.
you will find that betfair does mark up in-play matches.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #57 on: 24 Sep 2010, 14:51 »
mcbee, why don't you load all soccer games  and have your trigger delete the non inplay matches.

btw, the match score is unreliable for me too, the same thing happens. On a busy day almost no scores are updated and then at the night matches when there are fewer games the scores start to work, so I've given up on using them.

Detecting a 1-0 or a 0-1 is pretty reliable doing it from the match odds.

• Élite
« Reply #58 on: 24 Sep 2010, 15:11 »
hi
you can not delete the none in-play matches, because there is NO auto load for in-play matches, it just loads match odds, to get in-play matches you have to load them 1 at a time.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #59 on: 24 Sep 2010, 15:48 »
I guess I don't understand then what you mean with inplay markets, something else than match odds and correct score ?, because they do autoload

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE