Author Topic: Manual Dutch and insurance trigger on fave.  (Read 1837 times)

• All members
Manual Dutch and insurance trigger on fave.
« on: 01 Jan 2021, 12:40 »
Hello, is it possible for Market Feeder to do the following:

At in play,

allow me to place manual dutch bets into a market,

then a trigger calculates the net total of the bets and creates an insurance trade on the favorurite that covers 50% to 100% of the net total?

Cheers, Simon.

• All members
Re: Manual Dutch and insurance trigger on fave.
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2021, 15:03 »
Hello, just an update for the trigger,

Its for horse racing win markets, and allows me to manually select horses at the off, or seconds before.

Then after say 5 to 10 seconds in play a trigger calculates the total bet cost
of the dutched selections and places an insurance bet into the market on the first fave, (first Ranked).

The insurance bet will do the following,

if the favourite is between 1.00 and 2.00 then lays for the cost of the dutched selections,

or/and (depending on the market conditions)

if the favourite is 2.00 and above then places a trade to recover the dutched bets costs.

The trade will be either a DOB or Lay to Back depending on how the favourite is performing based on the WOM and Volume.

The aim is only to recover the cost or most of the cost of the dutch selections (50 to 100% of the overall bets).

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Cheers, Simon.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2021, 15:07 »
Edit for the above post: Sorry, not DOB but Back to lay.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2021, 13:06 »
Hello!

Please be more specific about the requirements of the triggers.

if the favourite is between 1.00 and 2.00 then lays for the cost of the dutched selections,

Do you mean the trigger should lay on the 1st favourite to generate a zero P/L on the rest of the selections?

if the favourite is 2.00 and above then places a trade to recover the dutched bets costs.

Do you already have a back bet on the favourite, and you want to place two more bets on it, a back and a lay bet? Will the profit from this trade have to cover the liability on the selections that were not included in the Dutching? If yes, then you need to specify either the size of the first bet in the trade or the number of ticks that the trade must aim at, i.e. trade out at 25 ticks.

The trade will be either a DOB or Lay to Back depending on how the favourite is performing based on the WOM and Volume

Please specify what are the exact conditions for placing a back or a lay bet based on WOM and the volume.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jan 2021, 16:51 »
Hello Oxa, in answer to your questions:

1. "Do you mean the trigger should lay on the 1st favourite to generate a zero P/L on the rest of the selections?"

Yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. "Do you already have a back bet on the favourite, and you want to place two more bets on it, a back and a lay bet? Will the profit from this trade have to cover the liability on the selections that were not included in the Dutching? If yes, then you need to specify either the size of the first bet in the trade or the number of ticks that the trade must aim at, i.e. trade out at 25 ticks."

No, There is no back bet on the fave to begin with. I would like to manually place bets on another 2 or 3 horses (not the first fave/ranked), the only bet on the 1st fave/ranked would be made by the trigger bet to generate zero profit/loss and cover the liability of the other bets if it goes on to win.

For example I bet on faves 3, 4 and 5, the trigger see's I have placed those bets and calculates my liability, it then places a trade on the first fave that would generate a zero profit and zero loss situation should it win.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. "Please specify what are the exact conditions for placing a back or a lay bet based on WOM and the volume."

I was thinking if the 1st fave runs well at the start and the Volume of matched bets continue to support its run then the trigger places a back bet on the horse and then places a lay bet lower for a cost that covers the total liabilty of the bets I placed manually at the start of the race.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it makes a bit more sense, I'm quite new to this and still have a lot to learn.

Thanks again, 
Simon.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2021, 18:55 »
Please see your triggers attached.

Use the constants to adjust the trigger settings.

The triggers will either lay on the fav if its price is below 2.0, or do a back-to-lay or lay-to-back trade.

The criteria for an opening back bet on the favourite in a back-to-lay trade are the following:

1. The price of the current favourite must drop at least min_price_change ticks compared to its pre-off price.

2. The volume of the current favourite must increase by at least min_back_vlm GBP.

Otherwise, if the favourite does not qualify for a back bet, the triggers will lay on it after lay_to_back_secs seconds since the off.

Of course, if one of the selections on which you laid turns out to be the favourite and then the winner, the triggers won't bet at all.

Make sure you've tested the triggers in Test Mode.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2021, 19:16 »
Thankyou, great service.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE