Author Topic: Market name descriptors removed  (Read 2324 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Market name descriptors removed
« on: 22 Feb 2015, 17:37 »
Prior to the latest API change/Ver 8 it appears the market name had more detail.

I have lost substantial wagers in Tennis on "Qualifying" matches for tournaments in Tennis to a point where I may have to remove tennis from my portfolio. What was a profitable event is now a losing event as the 'Qualifying" matched have a different trend then proper main event match history will show and I can't find a way around eliminating these qualifying matches.

Previously a market name would contain something like Tennis /Qatar Total Open 2015 / Qualifying Matches / Schiavone v Voegele / Match Odds

Now it contains Tennis / Qatar Total Open 2015 / Schiavone v Voegele Match Odds as reported in programs logs.

However, in betting history downloaded from my Betfair account shows Qualifying Matches / Schiavone v Voegele / Match Odds

My question is why can't Betting markets show the same name as betting results show since it must be in the database.
I appreciate this may be a Betfair API issue but would request moderators to take this compliant up with Betfair if this is the case.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
Re: Market name descriptors removed
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2015, 02:12 »
Further to this Betfair have advised me if the missing information is in the results/bet history then it will be in the API.

Back you MFPro. I will email support.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2015, 12:03 »
06:57:03 Checking market "Tennis / Rio Open 2015 / Fognini v D Ferrer Match Odds".
06:57:03 Checking condition and Market's Name does not contain Final.
06:57:03 Selection: David Ferrer, initial expr.: Final, intermediate: Final, final: Final.
06:57:03 Selection: Fabio Fognini, initial expr.: Final, intermediate: Final, final: Final.
06:57:03 Condition is: TRUE. valid for 2 selections: David Ferrer, Fabio Fognini.

Guess what is does contain the name "Final" in the market because it showed in my results bet history.

Hello Oxa could you read this thread please and reply?
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2015, 09:32 »
Hello,

Thanks for contacting me through the support, otherwise I could have missed this topic.

The names of events in your account statements differ from the names in the market name because they are made of different API requests.

I see you've been in contact with the API team, so the following technical details will be appropriate.

The call for statement, getAccountStatement, returns an array of items with numerous parameters. Two of those parameters are called "fullMarketName" and "marketName". If put together, these properties provide the full path to the event where your bet was settled.

Now, the information on a market is returned by an interface called "listMarketCatalogue". Within this interface there are the following parameters that can describe the name of the event:

marketName - this is the last bit of the name, e.g. "Match Odds" or "6f Hcap".
competition - The competition the market is contained within. Usually only applies to Football competitions.
name - The name of the event, e.g. "Sharapova v Williams".

Apart from these fields, there is nowhere to derive the rest of the market name from. It would come handy if BetFair provided the full path to a market, like they did in the previous API, but in the new API the corresponding field is missing.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2015, 09:39 »
Thanks Oxa.
I will go back to Betfair and provide there response here.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE