Author Topic: Market Settled PL (Issue pls help!)  (Read 1979 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Market Settled PL (Issue pls help!)
« on: 29 Oct 2018, 21:02 »
Hi there,

Im having an issue with using the var 'market_settled_pl', im outputting this to a CSV file, but it is reading as 0.00 in Real Mode but works fine in Test mode, only thing is my triggers use this to see if its had a win or lose, and to add it to recovery when it loses, am I missing something? because without this working its impossible to place real bets.

Just to clarify, in test mode it works absolutely spot on, as soon as I flick to real mode im having the issues, also ive tried the old version software and new version also still the same.

kev

• Élite
Re: Market Settled PL (Issue pls help!)
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2018, 21:25 »
hi
just tested it in live betting and it works ok.
the problem could be your trigger is activating to soon , not giving enough time for the settled amount to be recorded in live mode.
try adding the condition and markets settled p/l is not equal to 0

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2018, 09:10 »
The settlement procedure is somewhat different in real mode: it takes time for BetFair to settled your bets after the market is finished.

Make sure you apply the trigger to Settled markets.

Then add this condition to the trigger that writes to the CSV file:

Selection's Trigger market_settled_pl is not equal to 0
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2018, 09:39 »
Hi,

Thanks for your help, this explains why for so long all my triggers worked well in test mode then not at all in real mode, I think this should be written somewhere as this does actually fix it, just taken a long time to realise that this is what's happening when there is discrepancies between real and test mode.

Kev

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 01 Nov 2018, 14:06 »
There are quite a few such discrepancies, often discussed here on the forum, but you are right, I will put them together in a list and add to the Test Mode chapter of the manual.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE