Author Topic: Market status suspended  (Read 5654 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Market status suspended
« on: 01 Jul 2012, 16:32 »
If the market status is suspended can the bets be canceled?
What would the trigger do if :
Action: cancel all
Market status: suspended
If the dogs get changed and the market is suspended will my bets be canceled?
ty

Re: Market status suspended
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2012, 18:15 »
Hi
I think Betfair will do it for you. This is from their Rules and Regs. Greyhound Racing 12.1
"If a non-runner or reserve runner is declared, then all bets prior to the update of the market on Betfair will be void and all unmatched bets including ‘Take SP’ and ‘keep’ bets will be cancelled"

I also think you will get an error message in the log, something like "invalid market status" because if a market is suspended no cancelling (or any action) can be done.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2012, 18:15 »
BetFair cancels unmatched bets automatically when the market suspended if they don't have "keep at in-play" status. If there is a withdrawn as well.
So you need nothing to do.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jul 2012, 09:05 »
Does this apply to horse racing?

« Reply #4 on: 02 Jul 2012, 10:52 »
Does this apply to horse racing?
Hi
Yes, but there are some differences to Greyhounds. Have a look at the Rules and Regulations : http://sports.betfair.com/aboutUs/Rules.and.Regulations/

and also check the Individual Market Rules using the i button for each market in the market window in MFPro, or on the Betfair site. For example, this is from a horse race this afternoon:

“Who will win this race? Betfair Non-Runner Rule applies. This market will turn IN PLAY at the off with unmatched bets (with the exception of bets for which the "keep" option has been selected) cancelled once the Betfair SP reconciliation process has been completed. Betting will be suspended at the end of the race. Should a Photo, Stewards Enquiry or Objection be called the market may be re-opened with unmatched bets (again with the exception of bets for which the "keep" option has been selected) cancelled. The market will then be suspended when this result is announced. This market will initially be settled on a First Past the Post basis. However we will re-settle all bets should the official result at the time of the "weigh-in" announcement differ from any initial settlement. BETS ARE PLACED ON A NAMED HORSE. Dead Heat rules apply.”
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE