Author Topic: market volume  (Read 676 times)

Tags:
  • All members
market volume
« on: 13 Jun 2022, 09:11 »
Hi,

I am writing some items to a file, as follows : ["sel_name"], [r_1_back_price], [market_volume]

which, in the first 2 is the selections name, and the favourites back price - they are coming through fine. I want to also get the market's volume, but, using [market_volume], I ALWAYS get market_500 in the text file.

What am I doing wrong?

"Javier Barranco Cosano", 1.01, market_500
"Andrea Pellegrino", 1.01, market_500
"Nicholas David Ionel", 1.01, market_500
"H Sato", 1.03, market_500
"Andrej Martin", 1.03, market_500
"Joao Domingues", 1.03, market_500
"Jozef Kovalik", 1.01, market_500
"Juan Bautista Torres", 1.03, market_500

Thanks

Re: market volume
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2022, 15:42 »
Hi
I tested this and it should be working ok.

Firstly check any refreshing market in MFP and confirm you can see market volume incrementing correctly. Switch to full mode and confirm selection volume percentages look ok.

When are you writing this stuff to file? It looks like when market is finished or settled. It is possible Betfair may have cleared down volume data by this time. Test writing to file works ok in-play or idle.

Do you have any user variable or constant name that contains "volume". If so, change the user variable or constant name to something unique as it could be conflicting with market_volume.  
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: market volume
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2022, 07:45 »
MarkV, many thanks.

Yes, I had a constant named 'volume', and my trigger stated market volume is less than volume. I changed the name to mvol, and everything worked. I would never have guessed the constant name was not, let's say 'valid'. It seems I have become a lazy coder, through visual studio where the environment tells me I have made a mistake.

It's a shame MFP cannot tell me this constant name will not work.

Thanks for the help.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE