Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by alfaman on 22 Oct 2016
  • Hi All,

Can anyone help me to identify the gap between my bet back price and the matched back price?  I am sure it is simple but I seem to be brain dead this morning - I should have had a drink last night!

So, I place a bet and have calculated the price I want to back at is, say, 6.  The bet is placed but the price has moved and I get matched at say 7.

If the price has moved fast and far, I might get matched at say 10.  How do I identify these ones where the matched price is more than 'X' from the last back bet target price?

Any thoughts welcome please.  thankyou.
  • #2 by alfaman on 22 Oct 2016
  • PS: in case it affects any suggestions I am betting on multiple selections in any one event in the UK horse racing markets.
  • #3 by armarni on 22 Oct 2016
  • Hi Alfaman

I may have totally misunderstood your request (I'm pretty good at that!) but would bm_backp help you? it records the price of the last back bet that you placed on a selection (or bm_layp if it's a lay bet). So if the number of ticks between the current price and the value recorded by bm_backp is a certain number of ticks that would give you your answer maybe.

g_ticks(bmbackp,back_price) might work?
  • #4 by alfaman on 22 Oct 2016
  • Thanks Armarnni,

I thought of something like that but it is the difference between bm_backp and the price that I triggered the bet at - which was calculated at the time from market signals.

It is almost like I need to "Remember" the value in the "Price" box at the moment the bet is placed but I would need to do that for every selection that I have bet on and refer to them individually in a trigger.
  • #5 by armarni on 22 Oct 2016
  • All I can suggest is like you say, a variable that sets with the value of back_price when your triggers number of runs per selection is greater than 0. (but like you say, I think that would overwrite with a new value each time the trigger fired for another horse.)

Not much help for you I'm afraid, sorry
  • #6 by mcbee on 22 Oct 2016
  • hi
    you said      but it is the difference between bm_backp and the price that I triggered the bet at - which was calculated at the time from market signals.
    what do you do to TRIGGER,THE BET AT , is it manual or auto , variables are our godsend , use them..

mcbee
  • #7 by alfaman on 22 Oct 2016
  • McBee, thanks, lets say I trigger the bet at back price, at 6 and it gets matched at 10.

Please can you explain how I use a variable to record the "6" so that if the matched bet is at "X" points higher than 6 I can trigger an appropriate lay.
  • #8 by mcbee on 26 Oct 2016
  • hi
    sorry for the late reply'
    if you want to lay X higher or lower than the matched back price you would use
    to lay at a lower price
    and selections trigger expression lay_price is equal or less than r_ticks(bm_backp,-X)
    to lay at a higher price
    and selections trigger expression lay_price is equal or greater than r_ticks(bm_backp,X)

mcbee
Pages:
Actions