Author Topic: MFPro+Excel - Referring to columns by sel_index?  (Read 2092 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi

As pointed out in the helpfile its possible to refer to different excel cells using
MFPro's variables, like:

"cell_querymarket_id_D(sel_index*3+1)"

However, instead of referring to different rows in column D, is it possible to refer
to different colums, at a fixed row (4)? Like:

"cell_querymarket_id_(sel_index*3+1)4"

Thanks in advance, best regards!

• All members
Re: MFPro+Excel - Referring to columns by sel_index?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2014, 21:18 »
Try this link http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/exporting-many-markets-data-to-one-excel-sheet-this-is-done!/ it may have your answer otherwise search 'sheet'

I am sure you can refer to a different columns
cell_querymarket_id_(col)4

where col is a variable that equals "P" or "AZ" etc
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2014, 15:49 »
Hi, and thanks for taking your time helping me!

I'm afraid there's a misunderstanding about my issue: The problem is that the row-dimension in excel is identified by a numerical number, but the column dimension is identified by an alphabetical letter. Therefore, MFPro/Excel has no problem interpret a numerical value, like "sel_index" to a row variable, and hence assign to the corresponding row-dimension. But how can you assign a numerical value to excel's column dimension: a letter?
Say, I want a MFPro numerical variable to represent "A4" if the variable is "1" and "B4" if the variable is "2" etc. - Can you formulate this to something like:
"cell_querymarket_id_("letter interpretation of numerical variable")4

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2014, 23:59 »
There is a way. I recall Oxa helping me with this issue more than a year ago and will check my posts to see if was a forum thread.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE