Author Topic: Minutes Since The Off  (Read 3182 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Minutes Since The Off
« on: 27 Apr 2013, 15:44 »
Can someone please advise how a late start in tennis due to waiting for a court
to become available affects the minutes before the off rule.
The definition given in the manual regarding Minutes Since The Off
"The number of minutes that have passed since the market's start."
I am aware that the event goes "in play" when the event actually does start. In tennis which is the one I am monitoring.
Do the Markets start when the game actually goes inplay ? or at the due start time ?
I want to use a condition stating Mins after off but need to know what "Off" really represents.
Thanks

My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

Re: Minutes Since The Off
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2013, 16:24 »
Hi
If a market start is delayed, Minutes Before the Off goes to a negative value in relation to the scheduled start time.

In general the guidelines are detailed in Market Information for each market. Here is an example:
“Who will win this match? At the start of play all unmatched bets will be cancelled and this market will be turned in-play. This market will not be actively managed therefore it is the responsibility of all users to manage their positions.”

And from Tennis Rules and Regulations:
“Betfair aims to use its reasonable endeavours to suspend in-play markets at the start of and at the end of the event. However, regardless of what it says in the Market Information, Betfair does not guarantee that such markets will be suspended at the relevant time.”

this link might also be of interest http://community.betfair.com/tennis/go/thread/view/94186/29772501/betfair-stop-putting-markets-in-play-before-they-start
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2013, 01:19 »
Thanks MarkV,
Yes, I understood the time goes into minus mode after the scheduled start time has lapsed and also aware of Betfair cancelling bets when they go in play (unless one selects "keep")
What I am not clear about is how the MFP condition "minutes after the off" deals with the time discrepancy.
Let's say the scheduled start time was 13:00 but the actual start time was 14:20.
Which one of those two times does the MFP trigger condition "minutes after the off" respond to ?
Thanks
R

« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2013, 06:35 »
Hi
Minutes since the off is minutes since the actual time the market was suspended and turned in-play
(in your example minutes since 1420). Bear in mind if you added the market after the actual start time, minutes since the off will be from the time you added the market.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2013, 21:44 »
All clear now, thanks
R

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE