Author Topic: [TR] Modified "lay all" trigger, adding cycles and minimizing total exposure?  (Read 2069 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi, I'd like a trigger to lay any horse that eventually comes in at say 1.95 using "target stake + previous loss(if any)", for certain amount of cycles. So I can use any main in play markets.
I've thought about the method "lay all at 1.01" with 1.95 as price, however this doesn't take into account potential total exposure (say I had a bank of £20 and there were 24 horses), what I'm worried about that market feeder might miss certain bets if I use any other way.

I could, say lay up to 3 short priced horses, and then cancel once one is matched. Is there a good way of doing this? Thanks. Simon :)

• All members
Hi, any news? I understand people may be busy. :-\

• Administrator
Hello!

I could suggest Dutching (placing several lay bets that amount to a fixed liability), but with horse races it is very rare that two or more horses drop below 2.0 simultaneously.

Also, I could spread those bets over time (i.e. lay any horse that drops below 2.0), but as you can't know for sure how many of them there will be (it could be only one horse or three or more), you can't bet to a fixed liability.

So I can offer you triggers that place bets of fixed amounts (unless you specify how exactly you would like your bets to be calculated). The loss in that case would be added to all of the bets.

Does this make sense?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Well I only need 1 horse to drop to under 2.0, I'm just thinking what would be the best way to catch it? Say lay the favourite 3 horses maximum liability 3x total stake. Say I had 50, first cycle lay first 3 favourites 1,1,1 ,(total 3) cancel unmatched. If captured bet wins, lay next market previous stake+loss, eg. 2,2,2(rounded up, approx, total 6) ,4,4,4 -- 8,8,8 , so on.

Would the dutching method be a better way of guaranteeing a match? I keep thinking about the mandatory time delays for bets say if the over time method doesn't get a match in time.

Thanks
Simon :)

• Administrator
If you only need to lay one bet at a price below 2.0 and have it matched, then that's different. In that case, I can suggest monitoring the prices with a trigger and laying on the first horse whose price is less than 2.0 (say, 1.85 or 1.14), but offer a price of 1.95 (or any price limit you will key in). The idea is to let BetFair adjust your price automatically. If the horse's current price is, say, 1.50, then your offer of 1.95 will be automatically adjusted to 1.5. If it suddenly leaps to over 2.0, then it will stay unmatched. In any case, such bet would increase your chances of it getting matched at whatever price you can afford (below 2.0). If the bet is matched, the trigger will not place the second, third etc. bets on other horses. If it is unmatched, it'll be cancelled before a second bet is placed.

What do you think of this? I can make you such a trigger.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
So say if any horse in main market is under 1.95 before in play, lay it at current price at target stake. Else in play wait for any horse to go below 2 and begin lay at 1.95 at target stake. If lay bet loses, go next market and do same at target stake + loss(accounting for commission?). And end betting if losing sequence is 4 or more, or if end sequence if over set win for the day.

That possible? Thanks :)
Simon

• All members
So would your method be tracking the favourite and place a bet at 1.95 if that changes say if the first favourite bet gets unmatched?

• Administrator
Hello!

Yes, please see the triggers attached. They will lay any selection whose price dropped below the set value. If the bet is unmatched and another selection's price has reduced to below the set value, the trigger will cancel the unmatched bet and place a new one, on the new selection.

Use the constants to set the offered price, trigger price, target stake, target profit and maximum length of cycle.

Make sure you have tested the triggers in Test Mode.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Thanks from what I've tested, it works well however it seems to at times place 2 bets on the same horse though, is there a way to prevent this?
Simon

• Administrator
Please try the amended triggers attached.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE