Author Topic: multiple bets when going 'real'  (Read 7564 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: multiple bets when going 'real'
« Reply #15 on: 25 Jun 2014, 23:50 »
Hi Mark,
I tested it on Wimbledon today and it worked okay.
One potential problem exists tho and that is if a back bet doesn't get matched and goes on to win it will result in a losing event.
I will try out your suggestions in my other topic "fat punters and thin markets"
Cheers
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• All members
« Reply #16 on: 26 Jun 2014, 14:12 »
Hi Mark,
The bets were placed normally yesterday, however today a few tennis matches had a second unmatched bet lined up in the queue.
My guess is that my internet line dropped temporarily as it can do once or twice a day which BT say is an acceptable line drop, and when it came back online the program fired the trigger again.
Is there a way to prevent the duplication from happening?
here are the program logs
13:31:19   Error while updating the list of bets: Empty XML.
13:30:44   Unable to send request, 33 The connection with the server was terminated abnormally; ; Error while getting funds at BF: ;

Secondly if the program is restarted say when closing the computer down overnight then next day the program does not remember bets placed and places bets once again.
I do remember someone posted code to write into the dos prompt window but is
a bit far fetched for some of us.
If there is no ready made solution could WellDone please look at the possibility to build it into the program ?
Thanks in anticipation for a solution.
R

« Reply #17 on: 27 Jun 2014, 00:23 »
Hi
Your logs show a connection problem between your computer and Betfair API. This could be at your end and you will get a similar error logged if the Betfair API is down. If you are going to be running triggers properly you really want to sort your side for reliability. If your ISP can't provide a stable connection perhaps you should consider a VPS service.

On your second question, if the program is restarted, it will certainly detect real mode matched or unmatched bets. You could design triggers to test if any are out of sync with your betting trigger by using similar conditions such as:

OR
trigger <name of betting trigger> number of runs is equal to 0 overall
   AND
       selections back matched is equal to 0
       and selections back unmatched is equal to 0
OR
trigger <name of betting trigger> number of runs is greater than 0 overall
   AND
       selections back matched is greater than 0
       or selections back unmatched is greater than 0

The first OR block checks for no matched or unmatched bets and makes the first bet for the current session.
The second OR block detects any matched or unmatched bets but only bets if the trigger has executed at least once this session.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 27 Jun 2014, 18:16 »
Hi Mark,

This sounds like a good solution and may solve both issues ie: line drop or when computer is closed down.
How can they be integrated with other OR condition blocks
example:
OR
and selection's rank equals 1
and market's volume is greater than x
and back book % is less than x
OR
and selection's rank equals 2
and market's volume is greater than x
and back book % is lass than x
Can you please add them to the above example
Many thanks
R

« Reply #19 on: 27 Jun 2014, 19:38 »
Hi
I make it (untested):
Code: [Select]
OR
  trigger <name of betting trigger> number of runs is equal to 0 overall
  and every selections back matched is equal to 0
  and every selections back unmatched is equal to 0
  AND
     OR
       selections rank is equal to 1
       and markets matched volume is greater than x
       and markets back book % is less than x
     OR
       selections rank is equal to 2
OR
  trigger <name of betting trigger> number of runs is greater than 0 overall
  AND
       at least one selections back matched is greater than 0
       or at least one selections back unmatched is greater than 0
  AND
     OR
       selections rank is equal to 1
     OR
       selections rank is equal to 2
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jun 2014, 09:10 »
Thanks Mark, Apologies for the late reply as my apartment was being re carpeted. I am working my way through this and it will be a complex looking trigger once completed.
The complexities of computer betting be it multiple regression programs or complicated triggers coupled with hardware breakdown or software problems and oh yes internet drop outs etc etc make betting quite a tough assignment at best. This is without mentioning the time it takes to learn the art of trigger making or more importantly the fundamentals of what this is all about, that is finding a winning system. Then we have the worry of accounts being closed.
I hark back to the pre computer days when I handicapped horses and recorded details on index cards and went into the ring on Saturdays in Australia betting on the nod for amounts usually up to $1,000 then sipping on gin and tonic in the members bar. I knew punters who were betting hundreds of thousands. Settling was at the Tattersals Club on Mondays. Life seemed so much easier back then.   
Anyway, a new era and new challenges and as the saying goes, "Success is not a destination it is the journey", and I'm loving it, especially with this remarkable piece of software called MFP and the superb help from you guys.
Thank You
R

« Reply #21 on: 29 Jun 2014, 12:42 »
you forgot to mention commission and if you are successful the premium charge  ;D

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE