Author Topic: Nearly there...final step needs expert help!  (Read 1347 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Nearly there...final step needs expert help!
« on: 13 Jul 2017, 16:47 »
Hi,
I have having a bit of trouble getting the final piece (step 2 in fact) of this trigger working and could really do with some expert help.

Basically within the attached trigger it is supposed to do the following once I have manually placed a Back Bet into betfair:
1) kill unmatched Back bet @ cbt seconds - if for any reason my back bet that I have manually put in does not get fully matched then cancel any unmatched back amount. THIS PART WORKS
2) lay back Back Bet @ l_mb seconds - this then is supposed to lay back what I have got matched after 2.5seconds elapsed.
3) kill unmatched Lay bet @cbt seconds - this is supposed to cancel any unmatched lay bet after a further 1.6seconds has passed.
4) deactiviate and reactiviate - this closes the block/trigger and kicks it off again as I want to keep placing back bets manually throughout the race. THIS SEEMS TO WORK

This is for win horse race markets.
My refresh rate in-play is 0.2 seconds.
The problem I am currently facing is that part 2 is firing 2 lay bets back into the market as the trigger is not getting the information back that the first lay bet has been fired into the market until 0.5seconds due to the marketfeeder pro only allowing an updated list of bets every 0.5seconds as the minimum? (I believe this to be the issue)
An example today is that in 'Test Mode' it works fine as it knows the bets that have been put in the market by MF Pro, BUT using real money it doesn't seem to realise that it has already put in a lay bet (after 0.2 seconds), so does it again (at 0.4seconds), then when MF Pro gets back an updated bet list (after 0.5 elapsed), it then does not lay anymore which is what I am after.

Hope this makes sense.
Basically I just need part 2 (lay back Back Bet...) to only fire once each time the block runs/repeats.
My thoughts were either:
a) once part 2 has fired, add an action in below it to change the refresh rate to be 0.6seconds and then in block 4 put an action to change back the refresh rate to 0.2seconds
OR
b) add a constant which gets updated to be a 0 or 1 based on if that trigger has fired so it only fires it if its a 0, and update the constant in block 4

Re: Nearly there...final step needs expert help!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2017, 16:49 »
Hi
I think you should not repeat the laying trigger, instead lay once per selection
then repeat the whole trigger block (using close block) when each trigger has successfully done it's job.
close block should be once per market.
I think you should also make use of the condition:
trigger xyz number of runs per selection is 0 (or greater than 0) ....these numbers are reset to 0 each time the block is closed (unless overall is ticked)

sorry I don't have time just now to do an example, but in case you have not seen these yet I think you can use the principles of repeating blocks shown in this article and a couple of example triggers. If you are still struggling, post up and I'll have another look.
http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/articles/how-to-repeat-actions-in-the-same-market/
http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/triggers/repetitive-backing-greening-up/
http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/triggers/best-opposite-price/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE