Author Topic: Need help writing bot/triggers for new strategy [TCKT25052013MTCH]  (Read 6689 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

I am not very good at writing triggers but want to try and automate backing under 6.5 when the match odds market has all 3 selections at 2.0 or over.
Needs to bet the whole bank at the back price and then once the match has been settled and money back in the bank find the next game and put the full bank on again.
I need to be able to draw from this, so say I start with £20 bank and after 3 days it is up to betting the full bank of £45, I would want to withdraw say £10 and the bot not be bothered that I have withdrawn.

Is this possible? Your help is greatly appreciated

• Élite
Re: Need help writing bot/triggers for new strategy
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2013, 22:38 »
hi
when you say
I need to be able to draw from this, so say I start with £20 bank and after 3 days it is up to betting the full bank of £45, I would want to withdraw say £10 and the bot not be bothered that I have withdrawn.
do you mean to carry on betting with 45 pounds or bet with the bank that is left after the withdraw.
so 45-10=35 , do you want to bet with 35 on the next market.
also if you get a loss, do you want to use the original start bank of 20 pounds.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2013, 23:22 »
hi
when you say do you mean to carry on betting with 45 pounds or bet with the bank that is left after the withdraw.
so 45-10=35 , do you want to bet with 35 on the next market.
also if you get a loss, do you want to use the original start bank of 20 pounds.

mcbee

Hi what I mean is that I want the bot to just bet the whole bank every bet no matter what is in the bank. I will be going in manually to withdraw money every so often, but just want the bot to keep betting until a loss is occured.

The bot should just pick out under 6.5 markets and back under 6.5, with the full bank, if the match odds for that game has all 3 selections at over 2.0, no matter what league or the game is basically.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2013, 13:30 »
hi
this trigger will check the match odds market to see if all selections are equal or greater than the set minimum set odds.
it will then check that there is no other bet made, if not it will then check to see if the under 6.5 odds are equal or greater than your set minimum odds for the under 6.5.
if all conditions are ok, it will place a back bet on the under 6.5 using the percent of balance that you set.
after a bet is made, the triggers will delete any market that will not be used until the outstanding bet has been settled.
in the constants you can set
the minimum back price for the match odds market
the percent of balance that you want to use
the minimum price for the under 6.5
choose to keep trying to bet in-play  yes or no

Please use test mode until you are happy with the results

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2013, 14:39 »
Thank you very much mcbee, just to clear up on three things really.

1. I need to add the Match Odds and Over/Under markets to My Markets before I run the trigger?

2. Once it has found a suitable bet and placed the bet, it will automatically delete out any markets which will no longer be eligible? - places a bet at 15:00 therefore games at 16:00 are not applicable?

3. Does this automatically add new markets or is that something I need to run through the Scheduled Market search option?

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2013, 15:05 »
hi
yes, you need to have the match odds and under/over 6.5 markets in my markets and start monitoring before the off.
when a bet is placed any other market that is been monitored (including the match odds market linked to the under 6.5 where the bet is placed) will be deleted.
any market that starts monitoring when there is a bet not settled, will be deleted, unless it has a matched or unmatched bet.
you need to load new markets yourself using the market locator.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2013, 15:14 »
Cool that clears things up then. I guess the best thing to do is to make the market scheduling tool automatically run every 2hours once the first bet is placed then.
this will then continue to add markets once the first bet is placed so that another market is available to be bet on once the first has been settled.

the aim is to leave this going so it automatically adds the markets, places the bets, settles/removes excess markets then adds new markets and repeats.

i cannot think of another way in which to do it.

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2013, 15:20 »
hi
if you do set it up like you say, then add a market property for a minutes to start between 0 and 130
this will only load the markets within that set time frame.
the other way would be to load all the match odds and under/over 6.5 markets, then set the bot to start monitoring events 1 minute before the beginning (in the monitoring options).

mcbee

ps. i was testing the standard V gent and standard scored 7 goals  :o

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2013, 15:32 »
i am going to try and change it so that it might only pick games that have match odds above 2.15 for example. the aim is to get games which have an away favourite but they are not the likes of barcelona at for example 1.6 away tonight who could score 5-7 goals themselves and let 1 or 2 in.
the games being chelsea v man utd where it ends up being 2-1/1-2 if you get me.

PS. the idea behind this was to make a system which works over night as a cash cow type of thing with limited risk (i intent to put £25/50 in at the start) and then every 2 or 3 days check back and withdraw 40-50% of the profits it made and leave it be for another 2 or 3 days.
obviously it will get hit and lose everything, so after a week of doing the above, i was thinking about changing it to only bet 50% of the bank so that it can continually keep going when it gets hit once in a blue moon.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2013, 23:58 »
I am not a soccer punter but read this thread with interest. I have tried soccer but living in a country that doesn't allow in -play sports betting makes it difficult.

I trialled your theory with a minimum fav price of $1.68, ie. too short to bet in. I have no idea what <6.5 goals but I assume it's short so I used $1.02.
I used 4200 games on my database of EPL games. I did consecutive games, not waiting until the previous had ceased.

Using a $100 each game , including 5% commission, you did finish in front by +$2000 BUT you had long losing periods.
25Oct2003 to 20Mar2005
30Apr2005 to 27Aug2005
Since 17Apr 2006 you have been in profit, ending Apr2012. (end of database)
You lowest bank was -205 and your highest bank was 2100.
Seems it has potential.   
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2013, 10:04 »
Thanks for that data londolizi, by the way this is a mainly European forum and we don't use the term 'soccer' here.  The correct name is Football.  I have no idea where soccer originated, or its derivation, but seems to have been coined by Americans to distinguish it from their version of Rugby, that they call football.  ;D

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2013, 10:12 »
I am not a soccer punter but read this thread with interest. I have tried soccer but living in a country that doesn't allow in -play sports betting makes it difficult.

I trialled your theory with a minimum fav price of $1.68, ie. too short to bet in. I have no idea what <6.5 goals but I assume it's short so I used $1.02.
I used 4200 games on my database of EPL games. I did consecutive games, not waiting until the previous had ceased.

Using a $100 each game , including 5% commission, you did finish in front by +$2000 BUT you had long losing periods.
25Oct2003 to 20Mar2005
30Apr2005 to 27Aug2005
Since 17Apr 2006 you have been in profit, ending Apr2012. (end of database)
You lowest bank was -205 and your highest bank was 2100.
Seems it has potential.   

Thank you for this, but if you were using fav price of only 1.68, you would get a price of 1.04.
What if you were to try games which had the fav at min of 2.0 which meant that the u6.5 price was 1.03/1.04?

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2013, 10:48 »
Thanks for that data londolizi, by the way this is a mainly European forum and we don't use the term 'soccer' here.  The correct name is Football.

Forgive me, football. But that's rugby league where I live.  ::)
hee hee...

Thank you for this, but if you were using fav price of only 1.68, you would get a price of 1.04.

No, I excluded games where the fav was less than $1.68. My results are where the favourite is more than $1.68. This site is excellent for free data as well, downloadable in csv or xls.
http://www.football-data.co.uk/data.php
Improvise Adapt Overcome

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE