Author Topic: Negative r_ticks takes current price  (Read 1176 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Negative r_ticks takes current price
« on: 08 Jan 2017, 15:22 »
I am trying to setup a trigger that first backs at the current price, and after places 2 new back bets, one at the current price +5 ticks and at the same time, at the current price -5 ticks. But only the +5 ticks is working, the -5 ticks takes the current price, so I have 2 back bets at the current back price. What am I doing wrong?
I attached some images to see the trigger in action
Thanks

• Administrator
Re: Negative r_ticks takes current price
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2017, 17:19 »
Hello!

BetFair will automatically adjust the price of your back bet if it is lower than the current best back price. The same goes for lay bets, only it will adjust the price that is higher than the current best lay price.

That's one of the rules of the exchange.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2017, 17:21 »
Hi
If you check your trigger log you will see the bet is sent as current back price -5 ticks, but the bet will be immediately matched at the best current back price. Betfair will always match a bet below the current back price at best back price. Of course if you ask for a higher price e.g. r_ticks(back_price, 5) this bet remains unmatched and waiting to be matched. Hope that makes sense. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2017, 17:52 »
Thanks for the fast reply. It makes sense now!  :D

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE