Author Topic: New Trigger  (Read 27269 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: New Trigger
« Reply #30 on: 18 May 2014, 10:30 »
Thanks MarkV,

I was playing around with that but I didn't want to get it wrong.

Okay, I think that's everything I need.

Once again thank you for all your help.

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #31 on: 18 May 2014, 12:48 »
Hi Mark,

Trigger adjusted.  I am going to put into test mode for a few days but if you have a minute can you have a look at it please just to make sure I haven't done anything daft.

Thanks once again.

Rob

« Reply #32 on: 18 May 2014, 14:12 »
Hi
The syntax of your conditions is correct. However, I'm not sure I understand the logic of some of your conditions and also the range values you have. Some ranges overlap which does not make sense to me.

Are all ranges which contain PRL and PRH for PLACE BSP? If so, the following trigger will not work correctly:

Trigger name: WIN market bet if PLACE SP is in range 1
Trigger bets in WIN market if:
PLACE BSP is between PR1L and PR1H
AND
     OR
      WIN BSP is between 4thPRL and 4thPRH
     OR
      WIN BSP is between 5thPRL and 5thPRH
     OR
      WIN BSP is between 6thPRL and 6thPRH

If the above is correct, please forgive me but it was not mentioned in your spec. earlier. The naming convention I used for the constants is:
PRL - Place range low
PRH - Place range high
WRL - Win range low
WRH - Win range high

Because this trigger file is getting quite complex, I suggest you test the triggers individually:
disable all triggers except the first - test the first trigger on it's own.
If it works as expected, disable the first, enable the second - test the second trigger
etc.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #33 on: 18 May 2014, 14:33 »
Hi Mark,

To answer your first question (Para 2).  No, not all the ranges which are labelled PRL and PRH are for PLACE BSP, some are for WIN BSP.

I should have continued with your naming convention.

I will check the logs to check that it is working correctly and of course I will also know by the bets it places etc

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #34 on: 19 May 2014, 20:07 »
Hi Mark,

There was a slight anomaly on the test results yesterday but I may know the cause.

The last 4 triggers in my  active triggers seem to have an extra AND command at the top left hand side.  The first 6 triggers don't.

Would this cause the trigger to fail?

I attach the trigger for reference.

KR

Rob

« Reply #35 on: 19 May 2014, 20:44 »
Hi
The AND at the top does not make any difference to the logic of the conditions.
You can easily tidy it up by copying and pasting conditions / blocks and deleting the others, see screenshot. Work on a copy of the file.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #36 on: 20 May 2014, 05:57 »
Thanks Mark,

I've turned off all the triggers that place bets in the win markets so I will see what happens today.

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #37 on: 21 May 2014, 14:03 »
Hi Mark,

Pleased to say that all bets were placed correctly in the Place market.  Checking out the Win markets today with a full trial tomorrow.

On a side note, I noticed that some of the prices the bets were place at were well down on BSP (one 34% lower).  Is that usual (obviously worried because that effects results) and if so can I put a limit to how far the market falls?

KR

Rob

« Reply #38 on: 21 May 2014, 16:49 »
Hi
Because you are backing in-play it is very likely there will be big gaps between best back and best lay prices and you will not always get a value price. There are several ways you can do this, but it is possible the bets may not get matched:

In the price box replace back_price with actual_sp. This will place a back bet at BSP.
In the price box use r_ticks(actual_sp,-x) This will place a back bet x ticks below BSP, better chance of getting matched but still not guaranteed.
In the price box keep back_price and use a condition:
and selections back price is greater than r_ticks(actual_sp,-x)
This will place a back bet at the best back price if the best back price is greater than BSP minus x ticks  

• All members
« Reply #39 on: 21 May 2014, 18:45 »
Thanks Mark,

You're going to think I'm a loon!

What is a r_tick?

KR

Rob

« Reply #40 on: 21 May 2014, 19:04 »
Hi
could be new kind of bloodsucker, on the other hand this is what the manual says:
"r_ticks(original_price, ticks)
Returns a price that is ticks higher or lower than original_price. If ticks is positive the returned price will be higher, and if it is negative the price will be lower.
For example: r_ticks(6, 4) will return 6.8, and r_ticks(4.1, -5) will return 3.8."

So going back to your question if you can put a limit on how far the market falls:
lets say you want to put a limit of 10 ticks below BSP
and selections back price is greater than r_ticks(actual_sp,-10)
will only bet if the best back price is greater than BSP minus 10 ticks  

• All members
« Reply #41 on: 21 May 2014, 19:26 »
ah, okay, I think I've got it.  Ticks are relevant to the actual bet. ie, if BSP is 6.2 then a tick value is .2 but if it's 1.60 then a tick value is 0.01.  Is that correct?

I would want to limit the bet to be not reduce any lower than 10% of the BSP so i guess I just need to do the maths and work out the r_ticks.

KR

Rob

« Reply #42 on: 21 May 2014, 19:45 »
Hi
You are correct regarding ticks and the function r_ticks only works with price tick movements.
For a 10% drop on BSP try something like:
and selections back price is greater than actual_sp*0.90

• All members
« Reply #43 on: 21 May 2014, 20:00 »
Thanks once again Mark,

I will try that latest suggestion but will revert to r_ticks as that can be incorporated as well.

What I'm not sure of how much this will effect my predictions.  I can calculate a lower BSP but I'm not sure whether the fact that some bets won't be placed will even itself out.  Hopefully it will.

KR Rob

• All members
« Reply #44 on: 21 May 2014, 20:28 »
And of course not forgetting that I need the winplace_actual_sp*0.90 in some cases!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE