Author Topic: None of the selections qualifies for a green up  (Read 2532 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I find it confusing that there are all these trigger actions:
greenup
spread loss
distribute loss between selections
attempt to greenup
distribute profit

But no single action to just cash out of a market?

This is what I have found when testing:
green up will not work if the odds have moved against your selection, so you have to first work out if the odds have moved for/against you then choose to use "green up" or "distribute loss"

This seems very long winded, what am I missing?

Re: None of the selections qualifies for a green up
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2013, 22:14 »
Hi
The distribute loss action will work as green-up or red-up depending on the conditions you set. For example, the attached will green or red a back bet at 5 ticks either side of the back matched price.

However, for clarification and ease of logic, it is quite alright to have a green-up trigger if the market goes in your favour and a distribute loss trigger as a stop-loss. Most of the example triggers with a stop-loss use this method.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2013, 22:29 »
Thanks again Mark, I'll have to take another look at "distribute loss" some evening during the week, not much happening in the markets now.

I did notice that a condition of your trigger ensures that no unmatched bets are outstanding, that probably explains why I was getting uneven PL across selections while testing earlier.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2013, 20:53 »
The distribute loss action will work as green-up or red-up

So I took another look at this tonight.

I backed Under 2.5 goals, waited a minute until the priced had moved enough for me to green up, then I turned on the trigger to see it distributing the loss i.e. greening up. Nothing happened, this is the log:

20:46:36   None of the selections qualifies for a distribute loss between selections.
20:46:36   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 2 selections: Over 2.5 Goals, Under 2.5 Goals.
20:46:36   Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression ABS(UnderPL-OverPL) is greater than 0.15.

So, green up doesn't always work, neither does distribute loss. Therefore it seems that I have to do something non trivial to get MFP to actually green up for me.

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2013, 01:53 »
Hi
Attached is a basic back / greenup / distribute loss trigger file along with a demo of it in operation. This can be used as the foundation for a more enhanced trigger by adding your own conditions to the triggers. I hope this helps.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE