Author Topic: Not to bet if the previous triggered event has not been settled! HELP needed.  (Read 12911 times)

Tags:
  • All members
What I am try to do is to stop my trigger firing bets until my previous bets has been settled.  I tried with no success these conditions:

Previous (markets,triggered event,event,horse racing)  outcome is settled!

It won`t work. BTW I ticked off the delete finished events automatically.  I use a simple lay bot for dog racing in which there is an option of  unsettled bets allowed (1,2,3,4...etc) and works like a breeze.

Any help much appreciated.

• Élite
irfan,

You wrote:  and works like a breeze.

Do you mean you have an overall profit with your trigger file? If so, I wonder why you want to wait until previous event settle. You do not need any loss recoupment strategy if your expected value for a single bet positive.

You can use uk_funds variable to check if there is sufficent funds for your next lay.

• All members
Hi MartinSteiner,

I was referring to another software when i said it works like a breeze. My strategy does involve loss recoupment hence settlement is a must.

Regards,
Irfan

• Administrator
Irfan,

There is a precise example of how to make the program wait until the prev. market is settled.

Please see help file, chapter "Triggered Betting" -> "Trigger Conditions" -> "Condition Body" -> "Market-Related Conditions", under

How to determine whether the previous event affected by a trigger has finished
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hi Oxa,

I did try it.  I think a new condition like  unsettled bets allowed  will be great. For sure betfair api  has a field corrosponding to this as many bots use it.

Regards

• All members
Hi

I would like to resurrect this thread, as I have also been having major problems in
getting my trigger to only place bets when the previous triggered event has been settled.

I am using a single lay trigger in tennis matches - I have followed the instructions in the manual and my trigger contains the following condition block as suggested:

Previous triggered event has been settled
OR
[Lay trigger] has not been executed (overall)

However, this condition is NOT working for me at all. Yesterday, the action log showed that the Lay Trigger placed two consecutive bets (about 15 mins apart) even though no other matches had been settled in the meantime (no matches were settled at all during that time, not even matches which the trigger had not bet in).

The actual trigger log is even stranger, as when I checked it against the second bet, it showed "Previous triggered event has been settled" as being TRUE.

This is a problem that I know several people (including Irfan) have had, and if anyone could help me figure out why it's continuing to place bets when there are still unsettled bets in the market I would be very grateful!

BTW, I am using MF PRO Lite and my list of bets is set to refresh simultaneously with each market. The markets are being settled by last price, and are not being deleted after settlement.

Many thanks

• Administrator
Hi Elvis,

If it says that the previous market has been settled, it could be because you had some markets in "My Markets" list where the trigger was executed, they were settled and you did not delete them bfore starting a new trading session (for example, next day).

Please mind that it considers a finished market to be settled automatically.

If all of that is not the case, you can email the settings file and the triggers to support, they will run them on their copy of MF Pro and tell you what might be causing this.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hi Oxa

I am having exactly the same problem as E1vis. Similarly I have included in my trigger  the conditions

Previous triggered event has been settled
OR
[Lay trigger] has not been executed (overall)

But the conditions are not working for the second bet of a session. What I mean is that the condition seems to work on the first bet of the day / session and no bets are placed until the first is settled. But once that first bet is settled multiple bets are placed.

This seems to be the same problem SMF was having in his post "Only one bet at a time".

Any ideas as to how to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Many thanks

• All members
I think this may also be the reason the Square Root staking plan isn't working.

The errors in the log is:

Code: newbielink:javascript:void(0); [nonactive]
-----------------------------------------
07/04/2010 14:18:16: Market Horse Racing - Todays Card / 14:20 Nott has been refreshed.
-----------------------------------------

Checking condition:  Previous Triggered Event's Outcome is settled
Condition is false. valid for 1 selections: Style And Panache.
Checking condition: or  Trigger or Trigger Block backing on the favourite has not been executed (overall)
Condition is false. valid for 1 selections: Style And Panache. Trigger "backing on the favourite" has been executed 1 times overall.

However the previously triggered bet IS settled as the test P&L has updated. :(

• All members
Oxa

Thanks for your response. Please note, however, that the trigger appeared to be working for the first couple of matches i.e. a bet was placed on one match, the match was settled and only then was another bet placed.

It was only after a couple of matches had been settled that the trigger starting placing bets on a second or third match whilst the the first match was still in play. So I'm sure that the problem can't relate to matches from the previous day not being deleted?

Secondly, as I mentioned in my first post, my log file seems to be the exact opposite of MiniBlueDragon's - it was reporting the condition "previous triggered event's outcome is settled" as being true, when it was clearly false!!

I will carry on testing and let you know if I notice anything else.... but in the meantime, please can you confirm what my settings should be for settling test bets? I think I have "download results from betfair wherever possible" and "settle finished markets automatically" on (but I can't remember exactly as I am away from my pc). Could the problem be related to these settings by any chance?

Many thanks

• All members
hi

i to have problems with this topic. it seems to get this one right then you really have to be quite competant in using the software to know where to insert the conditions, and multiples of them at times. all we need is for the whole of our trigger block not to repeat until the last race has been settled in our markets list. is it possible to create some kind of global tick box that would perform this function oxa?

where i,m coming from is that i,ve tried brads trigger on the dogs for the last two days and its triggering bets before knowing the outcome of the last race. the same also with other staking plans in the past due to there complexity. its so difficult to know where to insert the conditions. if a staking plan block of triggers only monitors one race in our markets list at a time, and then only moves on to the next when that race has been settled, then a global tick box would be nice.

sorry if i,m missing a function that i havent found yet.

albert

• All members
Hi to all from a MF Pro Newbie.....

I'm trying to develop a trigger based on the old martingale system, and I too am having trouble with bets being placed before the previous event is settled. I've tried the settings as per the instruction manual, but it doesn't seem to make a difference....
Surely there must be a way to check exposure / unsettled bets before the next bet fires in......

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this problem ??

Thanks in advance !!

• All members
I've got over this by creating a user variable, you can call "event finished" or something similar. Initialise this in the first trigger.

Action: Set user variable     Name: event finished     Value:   0

Markets: All markets           Selections: Favourite    Conditions: Are met    No conditions

Market status: All markets         Trigger name: Initialising event finished

Execute: One time only   (uncheck individually for each market box,on right hand side)

Now execute your bet trigger, then "set user variable" again. Using the same variable again,
change

value:  event finished+1

with conditions met   

Trigger or trigger block "your bet trigger name" has been executed

Trigger name: Amending event finished

Execute: Once per market

Now a third "Set user variable"
Same variable name,

Value: 0

Conditions met: Trigger or trigger block "your bet trigger name" has been executed
                AND Any selections Lay price is equal to 1.01

Trigger name: Resetting event finished

Using this variable and a condition in your bet trigger to check the value = 0 does work.
I've made it sound very complicated but it's quite easy really.

• All members
The easiest way i found to do this is make sure your markets are sorted by date/time in your list

make sure you have delete settled events on in options

then in you back or lay trigger include a condition market_index = 1

simple it wont do anything unless its number one in your markets list - and it wont get to number one until the previous event has been deleted.

you can also make a trigger tht deletes markets that you didnt bet on

just tell it to delete if its x time after the off and no matched back or lay bets.

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
Pretty neat idea. It will work well for greyhounds .. probably also racing as well under normal conditions
Fortune favors the brave!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE