Author Topic: Number of horses  (Read 2866 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Number of horses
« on: 03 Dec 2015, 01:22 »
If i wanted to add a condition in a trigger which is like "if the number of horses in the race with odds < 10.0 is greater than 3"  ..then back the favourite.

How can I do it ?
I couldn't find a standard variable which shows how to access the number of horses based on a constant odds value.

Thanks

Re: Number of horses
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2015, 09:20 »
Hi
It's matching_number. Your example:

all matching selections
selections back price is less than 10.00
and selections trigger expression matching_number is greater than 3
and selections rank is equal to 1

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2015, 14:01 »
Thanks very much for your reply.

Also..is there a wait to delay a trigger based on a race variable.
So I am only triggering a bet in-play (market status set to in-play), but I don't want the trigger to start running as soon as the race starts, but want to wait for say 1 minute.
And this time wait could be different based on the length of the race > i.e a 2mile race may have wait time of 1 minute, but a shorter race may have a wait time of 30secs.

Would i need to access the Race description to determine this ? e..g 13:45 2m3f Hcap Chase

Thanks

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2015, 15:33 »
You will want to base the time of a calculation based of the market_length value

• All members
Re: Number of horses and time delay
« Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2015, 18:53 »
Starting off to keep it simple.

Say I want a delay of 45 seconds before an in-play trigger starts. would the following condition work ( I found an example in the online help)

...and Selection's Trigger Expression (( now-time - event_off)/0.0001157)) is greater than 45

Thanks.

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2015, 19:09 »
hi
and markets 'minutes before the off is equal or less than .75
would be better.
100/60*45
and for your first question
and trigger expression s_4_back_price is less than 10.00
so the first 3 favs must be less than 10.00
simple with no complications.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #6 on: 03 Dec 2015, 22:23 »
Hi mcbee
much easier, thanks.
just to clarify, r_4_back_price ?

please forgive me but I think trader21 was asking in-play so just a minor change to:
and markets minutes since the off is equal or greater than .75

and can you confirm this is best way for the original question for a variable to return the number of horses based on a constant odds value, instead of matching_number to previous conditions?

cheers
Mark

ps trader21 if you search the forum for "race length" or "market_length" referred to by liltbrockie you will find some interesting material.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 04 Dec 2015, 00:09 »
Hello .

Just to clarify what I meant.
Horse race has 10 runners > back prices between say 3.5 up to 15.0
As race progresses the prices change as horses drift out..

So I want to only trigger my bet once there are max of 4 runners below odds of 10.0
I.e the other 6 runners have drifted to odds past 10.0

So I am only backing the favourite, but I am keeping tabs on the other runners and only place my bet when there are 4 runners below odds of 10.0
So I was asking for the condition where I could check how many runners there are with odds less than a certain value.

Thanks for help so far.

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 04 Dec 2015, 21:48 »
hi
thanks markv, yes it should be r_4_back_price

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE