Author Topic: Only match bets at submitted price  (Read 1190 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Only match bets at submitted price
« on: 02 May 2017, 14:04 »
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Is there a way to only get bets matched at the price you submit or within a range of your choice?

For example lets say near the end of a horse race the price of the favourite drops to 1.20. You submit a back bet at 1.20 but it suddenly jumps up to 2.00 and then gets matched there.

Normally you'd want the best price available but in this case, the price changing like that would indicate it's probably not going to win anymore so probably not worth backing now.

Thanks in advance.
Andy

• All members
Re: Only match bets at submitted price
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2017, 16:20 »
An example from the 21st April on the 20:00 at Bath...

20:01:44   Setting variable current_back_price to 1.06.

20:01:44   Going to BACK on 1 selections:
Mr Pocket, £ 2.50 at 1.06;

20:01:45   Horse Racing / GB / Bath 21st Apr / 20:00 Bath 21st Apr - 6f Hcap: Going to BACK £ 2.50 at 3.00 on selection 'Mr Pocket'. Bet is matched. The bet was placed/cancelled by Trigger "place back bet".

This horse did actually end up winning but had several others which then lost.

Maybe there's a setting I'm missing or something or maybe it's just not possible?

Thanks.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2017, 18:05 »
It's not possible.  Betfair will always match at the best available price.  So with a back bet the highest available and with a lay bet the lowest available.  You can put in a condition such as: Selections back price is between 1.05 and 1.10    and order the bet at back_price, but if the price drifts at the next refresh it will still match at the higher price.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2017, 11:53 »
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I've got a condition specifying the price range, it's just the quick changes after the bets have been submitted which I was hoping to avoid.

I thought it might not be possible but was hoping there was some setting which would only allow bets to be matched at the price you submit.

Thanks again.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE