Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by calypsoray on 10 Jan 2013
  • Hi all,

Thanks for the responses to the couple of questions I have had when learning the system over the last week. I have progressed things well and am trying to refine my model. I have one (hopefully final) question.

My system has been thrown slightly when there is a price change in the market delay. I want the price that the last matched bet was placed at (not matched at). I am currently using bm_backp. If the back bet is placed at  a current price of 1.5 but in the delay it moves to 1.6 therefore the bm_back gives 1.6. This is generally good news as the price has increased but I really want to use 1.5 figure not 1.6. Is there anyway of deriving this? I also need for matched bets only and not unmatched.

Thanks if you can help.
    Dan
  • #2 by mcbee on 10 Jan 2013
  • hi
    in your betting trigger, you would have to use a variable to record the price as the bet is placed.
    so your betting trigger
    ADD ACTION
    set user variable           (the name you want to call it)
    value        back_price

mcbee
  • #3 by calypsoray on 10 Jan 2013
  • Mcbee,

Thanks for this. I am not at my home computer to try this, but am understanding the user variables via the manual.

From the manual I understand how to set up a user variable as an Action but are you able to explain how the value can be set to record the price at the exact time the bet is placed? back_price will give me the right value but how do I ensure it is at the right time?

Thanks
    Dan
  • #4 by mcbee on 10 Jan 2013
  • hi
    because you are putting the action in with your betting trigger.
    so will have
    action back etc
    action user variable.
    so they will both activate at the same time.

mcbee
  • #5 by calypsoray on 11 Jan 2013
  • Understand - this is great. I have set it up and it will work with one limitation: The first recording of the new variable is obviously when the trigger fires for the first time (when the conditions are met).

Is there anyway of giving the new variable a default opening balance (can be a constant). This will then be overwritten by the new value the first time the trigger fires.

The issue I have is that one of the trigger conditions needs a value for the last placed price which is currently nothing at the start and therefore the trigger cannot fire.

Thanks
    Dan
  • #6 by mcbee on 11 Jan 2013
  • hi
    yes, just set the price in the constants so it will always start with your preset price.

mcbee
  • #7 by calypsoray on 11 Jan 2013
  • Reading the section again makes it all sound clear and exactly what I need. I was thinking it would be more complicated.
    Thanks again. That should be my questioning finished.
  • #8 by calypsoray on 12 Jan 2013
  • Hi,

Sorry to bring this point up further. I have updated the trigger with the constant and have entered the preset price. The test market I played worked perfectly.

The issue I have is if I am playing more than one market. When recording a back_price it updates the user variable for ALL markets I am playing as well as the global constant with that market specific value. This is despite having 'individually for each market' selected within the set user variable within the trigger.

I just want the user variable updated with that specifc markets back_price as it changes.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I cannot resolve.

Thanks
    Dan
  • #9 by londolozi on 12 Jan 2013
  • Try preceding the back_price with market_id
    V6.0 manual explains well.

Say your variable is called StarP
    Now call it StarPmarket_id_[insert variable]

Pages:
Actions