Author Topic: Price of last bet placed  (Read 3719 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Price of last bet placed
« on: 10 Jan 2013, 11:40 »
Hi all,

Thanks for the responses to the couple of questions I have had when learning the system over the last week. I have progressed things well and am trying to refine my model. I have one (hopefully final) question.

My system has been thrown slightly when there is a price change in the market delay. I want the price that the last matched bet was placed at (not matched at). I am currently using bm_backp. If the back bet is placed at  a current price of 1.5 but in the delay it moves to 1.6 therefore the bm_back gives 1.6. This is generally good news as the price has increased but I really want to use 1.5 figure not 1.6. Is there anyway of deriving this? I also need for matched bets only and not unmatched.

Thanks if you can help.
Dan

• Élite
Re: Price of last bet placed
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2013, 14:01 »
hi
in your betting trigger, you would have to use a variable to record the price as the bet is placed.
so your betting trigger
ADD ACTION
set user variable           (the name you want to call it)
value        back_price

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2013, 14:57 »
Mcbee,

Thanks for this. I am not at my home computer to try this, but am understanding the user variables via the manual.

From the manual I understand how to set up a user variable as an Action but are you able to explain how the value can be set to record the price at the exact time the bet is placed? back_price will give me the right value but how do I ensure it is at the right time?

Thanks
Dan

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2013, 15:37 »
hi
because you are putting the action in with your betting trigger.
so will have
action back etc
action user variable.
so they will both activate at the same time.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2013, 10:01 »
Understand - this is great. I have set it up and it will work with one limitation: The first recording of the new variable is obviously when the trigger fires for the first time (when the conditions are met).

Is there anyway of giving the new variable a default opening balance (can be a constant). This will then be overwritten by the new value the first time the trigger fires.

The issue I have is that one of the trigger conditions needs a value for the last placed price which is currently nothing at the start and therefore the trigger cannot fire.

Thanks
Dan

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2013, 15:02 »
hi
yes, just set the price in the constants so it will always start with your preset price.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2013, 15:40 »
Reading the section again makes it all sound clear and exactly what I need. I was thinking it would be more complicated.
Thanks again. That should be my questioning finished.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jan 2013, 16:46 »
Hi,

Sorry to bring this point up further. I have updated the trigger with the constant and have entered the preset price. The test market I played worked perfectly.

The issue I have is if I am playing more than one market. When recording a back_price it updates the user variable for ALL markets I am playing as well as the global constant with that market specific value. This is despite having 'individually for each market' selected within the set user variable within the trigger.

I just want the user variable updated with that specifc markets back_price as it changes.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I cannot resolve.

Thanks
Dan

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jan 2013, 17:07 »
Try preceding the back_price with market_id
V6.0 manual explains well.

Say your variable is called StarP
Now call it StarPmarket_id_[insert variable]

Improvise Adapt Overcome

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE