Author Topic: Problem with Close Block  (Read 4335 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Problem with Close Block
« on: 27 Sep 2017, 09:17 »
I have a trigger which I want to reset once a day at a certain time. I have created another trigger set to run at that time with the action Close Block and the name of the trigger I want reset selected from the drop down list.

However whenever this runs the log reports Trigger or Trigger Block not found, (even though it was selected from the list). Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

• Administrator
Re: Problem with Close Block
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2017, 09:31 »
Hello!

If you want to close a block of triggers, you need to select the name of the block, not a particular trigger inside it.

If you want to repeat a trigger at a set time during the day, you do not need to repeat the block, you just need to repeat that trigger. See the example attached.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2017, 11:30 »
Thanks Oxa - I actually want to close 2 triggers, (and reset variables within them etc), hence the timed trigger.
However whatever I select from the dropdown in the close block trigger causes this error - blocks, individual triggers etc. I've tried various combinations but can't seem to get past the error.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2017, 09:29 »
Attach your triggers then for us to have a look.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2017, 09:05 »
Please see attached which are the blocks causing me problems.
I am running a completely automated system which generates 'targets' and exports them. Everything should get cleaned up at 2130 and then starts again.

I am getting the log message:

21:20:04Waiting for an updated list of bets before the block can be closed.

with every repittion from the reset block trigger and the reset never happens.

Thanks

Mike

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2017, 09:41 »
Hello!

I can immediately spot several problems here.

1. It is not recommended to leave the trigger that closes a block outside of that block. It should be preferred to keep it inside, as the first trigger in that block.

2. The trigger that closes the block must not be set to "repeat no more often than X sec.". Instead it is the block itself that should be repeated. The trigger that closes it works once per market, the block gets closed, all the triggers inside get reset, including the closing trigger.

3. If you set the block to be checked every 600 sec (=10 min) and set the condition to check the time between 21:10 and 21:20, there is a great chance the condition will never be met. Why? Because BetFair may delay the refresh, your Internet connection may glitch etc. As a result, the market will be refreshed, say, at 21:09 and the next time it will be refreshed at 21:21. Always leave some space for possible delays.

Please see the corrected triggers attached.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 04 Oct 2017, 20:54 »
Thanks Oxa.

The closed block now works, however Init Export File does not run after the block is closed. I can't see anything obvious unless it is the run one time only setting.

Mike

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2017, 20:44 »
Please post a request under "Make me a trigger", as your triggers obviously need more investigation to find out what is wrong with them.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE