Author Topic: Problems reading jockey name from a text file.  (Read 2159 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi GUys,

I'm trying to read jockey names from a  text file.
The jockey name is "Brendon Davis", See the bottom right of the attached picture.

THis is the data in the Text file:
”Brendon Davis”
”brendon davis”
'Brendon Davis'
Brendon Davis
BrendonDavis   
brendondavis   
brendon davis

THis is the result from the log file. It scans thru each name but fails to match it to the actual jockey name.
Note if it finds the name I want to return false i.e. name is not in file.

17:40:40   Checking condition and Selection's Jockey's Name is not in file C:\Users\bwhitby\Google Drive\BetfairG\MarketFeederPro\triggers\best_jockeys.txt.
17:40:40   Selection: 3. Ronns Moss, initial expr.: ”brendon davis”, intermediate: , final: ”brendondavis”.
17:40:40   Selection: 3. Ronns Moss, initial expr.: ”brendon davis”, intermediate: , final: ”brendondavis”.
17:40:40   Selection: 3. Ronns Moss, initial expr.: 'brendon davis', intermediate: , final: 'brendon davis'.
17:40:40   Selection: 3. Ronns Moss, initial expr.: brendon davis, intermediate: , final: brendondavis.
17:40:40   Selection: 3. Ronns Moss, initial expr.: brendondavis, intermediate: , final: brendondavis.
17:40:40   Selection: 3. Ronns Moss, initial expr.: brendondavis, intermediate: , final: brendondavis.
17:40:40   Selection: 3. Ronns Moss, initial expr.: brendon davis, intermediate: brendondavis, final: brendondavis.
17:40:40   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 1 selections: 3. Ronns Moss.

What am i doing wrong?

Chat soon,
 Bruce

Re: Problems reading jockey name from a text file.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2016, 19:20 »
Hi
I tested this and the condition is working as expected.
I have a simple trigger to back all matching selections
condition: selections jockey name is not in file <path to txt file>

all selections in the market were backed except the selections whose jockey names are in the file. Text file format "Brendon Davis"

The only way I can replicate your issue is to turn off the setting for downloading silks, but then the silks data does not display in Race Mode like your screenshot.
perhaps just try resetting that setting?

Only other things I can suggest is try this condition instead:
selections trigger expression silk_jockey is not in file....
or a logic variation:
condition block
AND NOT
           selections jockey name is in file....

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2016, 02:51 »
Hi Guys,

I've done a bit more work.
Both  "selections trigger expression silk_jockey is not in file" and "selections jockey name is not in file" both work intermittent .... but with mixed results ... it works/fails randomly on small data i.e. 2 or 3 names. It never works on 50 or 60 names.

Can you please tell me what the String format should be in the file and list.

It has only ever worked without the spaces and the caps matching the name as returned by silk_jockey. i.e.  "D W Graham" fails (as displayed on race screen) , so does "dwgraham' faile but "DWGraham" (as displayed by user variable silk_jockey)  works intermittently.

To avoid issues with file or file locking etc I tried the "not in list" options and they also behave in the same way.

Check fo "D W Graham" Fails!

19:03:59   Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression silk_jockey is not in list "D W Graham".
19:03:59   Selection: 1. Montana Falcon, initial expr.: silk_jockey, intermediate: DWGraham, final: DWGraham.
19:03:59   Selection: 1. Montana Falcon, initial expr.: "D W Graham", intermediate: "D W Graham", final: "D W Graham".
19:03:59   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 1 selections: 1. Montana Falcon.

CHecking for "DWGraham" works very occasionally!!!!
Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression silk_jockey is not in list "DWGraham".
19:02:00   Selection: 1. Montana Falcon, initial expr.: silk_jockey, intermediate: DWGraham, final: DWGraham.
19:02:00   Selection: 1. Montana Falcon, initial expr.: "DWGraham", intermediate: "DWGraham", final: "DWGraham".
19:02:00   Condition is: FALSE.

Below shows it does not work when matching DeanYendall.
13:20:07   Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression silk_jockey is not in list ”AaronMitchell”,”AnthonyDarmanin”,”BeauMertens”,”BenAllen”,”BlakeShinn”,”BradRawiller”,”BrendonDavis”,"BrentonAvdulla”,”BrockRyan”,”CarlSpry”,”CraigWilliams”,”DamianLane”,”DamienOliver”,”DavidPires”,”DeannePanya”,”DeanYendall”,”DwayneDunn”, ”FeliciaBergstrand”,”GlenColless”,”HughBowman”,”IsmailToker”,”JamesMcDonald”,”JamieMott”,”JarradNoske”,”JayFord”,”JeffLloyd”,”JimByrne”,”JohnKissick”,”JordanTurner”,”JosephAzzopardi”,”KerrinMcEvoy”,”KimGladwin”,”LindaMeech”,”MarkZahra”,”MathewCahill”,”MichaelDee”,”MichaelTravers”,”MichaelWalker”,”NicholasHall”,”NickHeywood”,”PaulHarvey”,”PeterKnuckey”,"DWGraham", ”RandyTan”,”RaquelClark”,”RaymondVigar”,”ReganBayliss”,”RichieOakford”,”RobbieFradd”,”ShayneCahill”,”TimClark”,”TommyBerry”,”TroyBaker”,”VictorWong”,”WilliamPike”.

13:20:07   Selection: 3. Ceibo, initial expr.: silk_jockey, intermediate: DeanYendall, final: DeanYendall.
   …. Deleted rows for convenience
13:20:07   Selection: 3. Ceibo, initial expr.: ”DeanYendall”, intermediate: ”DeanYendall”, final: ”DeanYendall”.
13:20:07   …. Deleted rows for convenience
13:20:07   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 1 selections: 3. Ceibo.

Why is not in list not working?

chat soon,
 Bruce

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2016, 09:45 »
HI Guys,

I've spent some more time on this but it still fails.  It works very very infrequently.
And other than modifying the list in the trigger and testing on another live race, nothing else changes.

I think i should also mention that I've
* changed machines and loaded a copy of marketfeeder onto a windows 7 machine that never had mf on before.
* I created a new setup file and trigger on the new machine.
* i'm testing against the Australian horse racing markets in test mode.
* I'm using version: 8.3.0.1
- i've attached a screen view of my trigger. Happy to send it to someone if they want to look. Its very basic.

I've spent over 16 hours solidly on this over the past few days. I'm at my wits end!! I seriously think this is a bug!! Should I raise a support request?

With ref to my last example on my prevous post, I find it very strange that the logs shows if identifies the  jockey
silk_jockey, intermediate: DeanYendall, final: DeanYendall and then actually does a test against the same name (DeanYendall) but still fails to realise they match?
   Selection: 3. Ceibo, initial expr.: ”DeanYendall”, intermediate: ”DeanYendall”, final: ”DeanYendall”.

Any suggestions. COuld this be a data or characterset issue? What should the string format actually be - with or without spaces, with caps or with outcaps etc.

Is there another test I can do? Should i sent my setup and trigger across?

Thanks
 Drab

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2016, 23:35 »
Ok, I think I've worked  this out.
There are different types of double quotes. The normal ones that are perfectly vertical " and the left/right handed ones that are at a slight angle. MF only works with the normal ones (Code = 34).
 I was surrounding my jockey names with the wrong double quotes (Code = 148). It was working intermittently  because I was editing and adding test names manually with notepad and it was using the "normal' double quotes.

chat soon,
 Drab

« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2016, 08:09 »
Hi
Glad you got it sorted, and thank you for posting up your "solution"  :) 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE