Author Topic: Query on Silk Form  (Read 3593 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Query on Silk Form
« on: 03 Apr 2013, 23:54 »
Forum Genii (Geniuses?),

I have sent this query to MFP Support but have not yet been favoured with a reply. That is not a complaint, as I know how busy they must be with even the simplest of requests (including mine), but I'm sure this has a pretty simple solution to a problem that has been bugging me a for a few days now.

I'm trying to create a trigger that combines just betting order and form figures (silk_form) - nothing else.

All I want it to do is select the lowest sum of the two numbers to be the selection, with the precedence to be lowest price, then highest silk_form.

I'm only interested in the first 5 favourites, and form figures 1 to 3 (eg silk_form_1=3 or silk_form_2=1 or silk_form_3 =1).

I would like, for example, rank=1 with silk_form_1=3 to take precedence over rank=2 and silk_form_1=2, even though the sum is 4 in both cases.

So the precedence for the top few combinations would be (rank with silk_form_1 (say):

and so on to

The problem I have encountered is that silk_form can be alphabetical as well as numeric. eg last 3 form figures might be 12F, 30P, P1x, F-2, etc.

I just want any form figure that is not 1,2, or 3 to be assigned a value of 5, and I realise that will probably require a user variable. So 1P would effectively be 15 and would then be the next combination after the above 33.

I'm hoping I've explained that correctly.

I just can't get the trigger to work the way I want.

I've convinced myself there is a simple solution, hence this request, so if there is anyone who can assist, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,

bobh

• Administrator
Re: Query on Silk Form
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2013, 08:33 »
Hi bobh,

Check the attached trigger file. The trigger will arrange the first 5 selections in the order you described and write their names to the program log file for you to check.

If you are satisfied with the result, replace the action with the one you actually need and correct other parameters of the trigger as well.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2013, 10:40 »
Thanks OXA,

That should do the trick.

Very much appreciated.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Apr 2013, 07:17 »
Oxa,

I thank you again, as it does exactly what I was feebly attempting myself.

But, and I am embarrassed to write this, despite my best efforts in reading the v7 manual, your comment that "if I am satisfied with the result, replace the action with the one I actually need and correct other parameters............." is well nigh an impossible task for me.

I can handle the bit about the parameters, but I have no idea how to "replace the action etc". I know how to delete it, but the replacement is a problem.

Can you tell me the action to place the bet please (or at least the page in the manual - no, even that's too risky - better to tell me!)

After that, I will leave you in peace for another 12 months!

Thanks again,

bobh

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2013, 07:27 »
I can handle the bit about the parameters, but I have no idea how to "replace the action etc". I know how to delete it, but the replacement is a problem.

I used the wrong words. By replacing I meant just deleting the old action and adding the one you need, there is no special "replace action" command in the editor. :)

Can you tell me the action to place the bet please

The actions to place bets are the very first ones in the list, back and lay.

Anyway, give me the details of the intended bet here, I'll help you out.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2013, 13:50 »
Oxa,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I want to back the selection with the lowest sum of sel_order + silk_form for the qualifying selections.

So if the scores are 1+2 , 2+5, 3+3, 4+2 etc, I want to back the 1+2 as it has the lowest total sum.

I realise the action will be "back" and the price "back_price", but I just don't know what the condition would be to allow the bet to occur.

I hope I have explained this satisfactorily.

bobh

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 05 Apr 2013, 19:24 »
Here you go.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 05 Apr 2013, 22:20 »
Oh dear!

I'm even more embarrassed now.

Thanks again Oxa.

I'm heading back to the home for the permanently bewildered now!

bobh

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE